DIY vs Pressurized CO2??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let me know if you do the gallon jug instead. I'd be int interested to know if it works better or worse. I'm going to guess worse but I honestly have no reasoning for that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In theory.... haha but if you have silicone, it works 10 times better for the seal. Takes longer to dry but I tried to do hot glue gun first, and the second that area had any pressure, it came undone. Silicone is harder to break the seal.

I have hot glue seals now, and j ran the seals under cold water to harden the seal. No problems with the seals after the first 24hrs.

If I can set up the third jug as one gallon tomorrow I will update you guys...then again I have nothing else to do tonight lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I decided to change out one of the bottles a little early so I wouldn't be changing the two bottles out at the same time. Made sure to use warm water this time :)

Bubbles where slowing down a little bit, but it wasn't to bad before I changed the bottle

Good read it was very interesting. Going to try my diy co2 as soon as I sort my tank out.

Are you seeing a difference in growth and in color fish wrangler?

I swapped out my co2 this past weekend as well. Hadn't noticed my bubbles significantly slowed, and my plants were losing their color

I have seen alot of new growth from the java fern, but not sure if the elodea or wisteria where helped from it. I am seeing lot of new branches on the elodea, and pictures of the wistera show growth.

First picture is a FTS after I got the wisteria and elodea. Second was a FTS from yesterday

Attachments

• 1416247078785.jpg
    1416247078785.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 1416247102765.jpg
    1416247102765.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 47
I will try and get a better picture of the tank later today

I am worried that one wisteria plant won't grow because i broke off alot of the stem, and it didn't have any roots when I replanted it. It is still green though and doesn't appear to be dying

Just give it time, light and some co2. I broke off mine as well and just took some time to start growing again.

I messed up when planting it, and kept breaking the stem off. I'm scared to check for roots now incase I can't burry it again.

I messed up when planting it, and kept breaking the stem off. I'm scared to check for roots now incase I can't burry it again.

Just leave it alone for now. Be patient. I really did not see any big changes after adding DIY CO2 until about 6 weeks later. And then it exploded.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Little better picture of the tank. Might cut that long elodea stem tomorrow and replant it.

Attachments

• 1416277705724.jpg
    1416277705724.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom