Do I Need An Air Pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was talking air stones, unless I mentioned power heads in my post? Either way, I agree that both aquariums with or without can be great, but disagree that it only adds some bubbles. The aeration of your water becomes better with adding some air stones, not stating that you need one and never stated that, simply stating that it does add some aeration to your water which compliments the continuous cycle of your nitrifying bacteria and eventually keeps the levels in your aquarium somewhat more stable. Conclusion: air stones are not a requirement, but definitely compliment your tank in both water quality and visuals.

Your quoting me why? I was quoting convict who is correct.

Your quoting me why? I was quoting convict who is correct.

Haha that was funny, either way air stones do nothing for your tank IMO other then make... Well... Bubbles.

If it is doing anything to benefit your tank it's so small that you won't know it either way. Like I've said I had one and used it and now do not. I see no difference in water clarity, parameters, fish activity etc etc etc.

I do however hear a difference lol.

I'm not gonna get into a great debate on bubble walls. IMO again like I said to each there own. I like a natural looking tank and a bunch of bubbles coming out of some rocks and around my driftwood just doesn't look natural nor is it doing much anyway.

Actually I thinks crew chewed through the air hose anyway lol.

Haha that was funny, either way air stones do nothing for your tank IMO other then make... Well... Bubbles.

If it is doing anything to benefit your tank it's so small that you won't know it either way. Like I've said I had one and used it and now do not. I see no difference in water clarity, parameters, fish activity etc etc etc.

I do however hear a difference lol.

I'm not gonna get into a great debate on bubble walls. IMO again like I said to each there own. I like a natural looking tank and a bunch of bubbles coming out of some rocks and around my driftwood just doesn't look natural nor is it doing much anyway.

Actually I thinks crew chewed through the air hose anyway lol.

Once again....agreed :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom