Do you give names to your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only the special ones lol I have neon who's eye got messed up so it sticks out so he's Popeye. And I have an evil gourami who chases everyone around so *** hole

I named my first two bettas, but considering I'm no good at coming up with names in the first place I just don't even try.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

+1

I tried to name my fish when I first started but I'm no good at coming up with names.

Fishobsessed7

My daughter & I named the fish in her new 8G innovative marine nano freshwater tank:
- Red wagtail platy: Jason Thunderberker
- Koi platy: Lilian Gish the Fish
- Gold wagtail platy: Sylvia Platy
- Phantom tetra: Cleopatra
- Phantom tetra: Starflash
- Starlight BN catfish: Spotsworth (aka Captain Starlight)

We had a "golden sucker" CAE originally called Squeegee, who was renamed "Death Fish Five" after he charged Slyvia Platy and left her with bites out of her top fin and tail. Took the evil DFF back to the LFS and came home with our lovely little BN catfish instead.

My daughters named their minnows Flicky, Floaty, Rosemary, Rosemary (we can't tell them apart, so they get one name), Dragon and Bob. Bob used to be "Bob the Jerkfish" until the addition of Dragon to the tank put an end to his bullying.

I dont really name my fish because i can never tell them apart :p but i did name my pleco creeper because when i had my algae problem he'd come sailing out of nowhere and stick to the glass right infront of my face and scare me :p hence the name haha

"There's always a bigger fish." - Qui-Gon Jinn

I had named for my pleco and rainbiw shark. Now with 10 black skirt tetras and 20 neon tetras I cant keep them all straight.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

We are on our fourth week of cycling with three platties. I wanted Wacko, Yacko and Dot, but I think my son is choosing Dora, Diego and Boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Of course i name my fish (20+).Here are their names

Black Ghost Knife:Kite, Banjo Cat:Biplane, Dragon goby:Leviathan, Sun Catfish(X2):Midnight, Eclipse, Green Cory:Lightbulb Peacock eel (striped):porthole, Stripes, Kuhli Loach:Eel, Silver Dollar Tetra:Silver Dollar (Or SD, for short), Pepper Loach: Recoil Yoyo Loach:Yoyo Glass Catfish: Blimp , Syno 1# (possibly hybrid):Speckles, Syno 2# (upside down cat): Down, Weather Loaches:Xeno, Big, Escape, Trigger, BN Pleco:pleco Pleco (With an accent for the "E"s) ID Shark:Sharky.

I only name when I've had them a while but my Keyhole Cichlid name is Guido.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1421507141299.jpg
    1421507141299.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 62
Fish names

45 gallon tank

White skirt tetras
1.Fred
2.Billy
3.George
4.Jeffery
5.Ted

Dojo loach
1. Mister snuggles - he's my favorite he always greets me when I come in the room and loves nibbling food off my finger and has even sat in my hand :)

Black neon tetras
1.Tully
2.Kat
3.Missy
4.Kia
5.Lewis

Rainbow shark
1. Sun

10 gallon tank

Tiger barbs
1. Rush
2. Dick- he likes to eat all the food
3. Pointer
4. Limbo
5. Tiny

Otocinclus
1. Slim
2. Shady
3. Eminent

75 gallon tank

Angelfish
1. Sylvester
2. Goldie

Pictus catfish
1. Dart
2. Nosy

Fire belly gourami
1. Swiper

Peacock eel
1. Mr. Floppalopagus

Caleb.

Fish names

45 gallon tank

White skirt tetras
1.Fred
2.Billy
3.George
4.Jeffery
5.Ted

Dojo loach
1. Mister snuggles - he's my favorite he always greets me when I come in the room and loves nibbling food off my finger and has even sat in my hand :)

Black neon tetras
1.Tully
2.Kat
3.Missy
4.Kia
5.Lewis

Rainbow shark
1. Sun

10 gallon tank

Tiger barbs
1. Rush
2. Dick- he likes to eat all the food
3. Pointer
4. Limbo
5. Tiny

Otocinclus
1. Slim
2. Shady
3. Eminent

75 gallon tank

Angelfish
1. Sylvester
2. Goldie

Pictus catfish
1. Dart
2. Nosy

Fire belly gourami
1. Swiper

Peacock eel
1. Mr. Floppalopagus

Caleb.

Can you actually tell them all apart.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Besides the white tetras yes they are all slighty different

Late to this thread, but cute topic.

We name our fish, we have a five year old - like its not going to happen!

We had guppies and they all had names (RIP fishies). We have one guppy left: Stuart. She is a female guppy but my little girl is into Minions at the moment. Bob died today; she was also a girl. She gave us 10 surviving fry. Not naming them til their colours come through though (and if they survive, currently 3 weeks old).

We also have four pygmy corydoras that have outlived all the guppies, and were part of the first purchase of stock. The Fab Four, otherwise known as Corey (Feldman), Cory (Haim), Dora and Dora. I think one is definitely a girl.

Now we have four platys: Mickey (Mouse) and his girlfriends Dots, Cheetah and Goldie.

Hope they live longer than the guppies!

My GBR Steven is my pride and joy with the puffers Sharon and Richard being the runner ups! I never named my cory's just because they all looked the same. Same with shrimp.

Though I can't tell all of them apart I do have names for all of them.

Two schools of fish, the law school and the religious school.
I named my 9 Harlequin Rasboras after members of the Supreme Court. 7 Cardinal Tetras are named after the 7 deadly sins (I call them the seven deadly FINS :D).

Male guppy: Ru Paul

Purple Mystery Snail: Prince

White Mystery Snail: Gandalf

My cheesy sense of humor and nerdiness get the better of me when I name fish. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom