Do you guys name your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see my fish as my companions. I do call them with nice names. I have 3 goldfish named Emma, Rachel and Charles.

I do name all of my fish, except for the Fry. Naming them isn't really possible. They all look the same and there are a lot of them with more on the way. I'll leave their naming to their new owners, when they go.
Although we are having a problem with the naming of one of our new Green Dragon BN Plecos.
The larger one we named Draco, after the Dragon from the Movie "Dragon Heart". But the other, no ideas at all, we think it may be a female, to soon to know for sure.
We are taking suggestions...

WendiDell said:
Very cool, where are the photos? And what does he look like?

Meet sparky!!!

Attachments

• image-1567292076.jpg
    image-1567292076.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 74
  • image-2558980212.jpg
    image-2558980212.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 67
WendiDell said:
I do name all of my fish, except for the Fry. Naming them isn't really possible. They all look the same and there are a lot of them with more on the way. I'll leave their naming to their new owners, when they go.
Although we are having a problem with the naming of one of our new Green Dragon BN Plecos.
The larger one we named Draco, after the Dragon from the Movie "Dragon Heart". But the other, no ideas at all, we think it may be a female, to soon to know for sure.
We are taking suggestions...

Puff? Like from puff the magic dragon?

I have a huge female shrimp, I call her Barbossa after the Pirates of the Carribean character, since she is a thief hahahah. Always snatches those feeding tabs takes it into the Java moss and wants to eat alone.

Named my swordtail after my sister, who is as bossy as her. Other than that my kids name nearly all my fish, funny thing is they never get mixed up and can tell you the finest detail of each.

Attachments

• Visser2 015.jpg
    Visser2 015.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 57
Two sharky's called Michael & Jackson. Ones black and ones White :)
Thought I was being clever with his song ;)

I usually name my fish after authors, poets and astronomers. My boyfriend named one of my goldfish after his celebrity crush, Meryl Streep.

i name all my fish:
bettas: ariel, flounder, ghetto (long story lol)
mickey mouse platys: minnie and mickey (who sadly just passed away)
african dwarf frog: ihop
guppy: sunset
threadfin rainbowfish: bubbles (she likes the bubbles from the filter)
when i get my dwarf seahorse (still cycling the tank) her name will be seaweed

i name all my fish:

Very nice names. Sorry to hear about your Mickey & Mini. I have 2 Gold Veil Tail Angelfish by the same name.
They are probably two very common fish names.

kathleen55 said:
i name all my fish:

Lol I love your ADF's name. It made me want a shortstack lol

We name most of ours:
Bettas - Rocky and Sammy and our recently passes Jules
Tiger Barbs - pip-squeak and Mr. No Name
Sucker fish - Mr. Sucker Fish
Eclipse cat - Houdini
Pangunise cat - Shadow
Blue Goura - just got haven't named yet
Cory cats - 4 albinos that you can't tell the difference between so not named and one julii that ain't been named yet

WendiDell said:
I would have called them Micheal Jackson & Paul McCartney

I thought I was clever. Michael is the black shark. Jackson is the White shark.
I also have some guppies but only two of those are named ATM. BB (for buzzy bee - it's fin is yellow and black) and speedy ( cause he zoooooms!) in factbi should rename him tommy zoom (anyone with kids may get me there lol)

We tried to name all of ours as we started getting fish. Our firsts were 3 neons that we called the 3 musketeers. Then two headlight tail lights names Zippy and Skippy. Obviously the one was really fast, so there came zippy.

Two Platys are named Wiggles and Jiggles (they wiggle when they swim) Two other Platys names Sunny (all orange almost) and Spot(orange, but spots on her). Our snail is Snaily. I dunno? And then we ran out of names for the other 4. And my Bala shark, is Sharkey.

My other tank we have 5 serpar tetras and 5 silver tip tertras. We just say thats the terrorist tank, because everything we've tried to put in there with them, eventually dies.

My 3 year old named a plant snail in the tank slugsy! Why I have no idea.
I'm glad to see naming each fish is common. I'm not a loon lol.

Of course! Genghis, Bubbles, Romeo were boys. Juliet and Charmer were girls. All bettas. Have a boy now my daughter named him Simon.

Back
Top Bottom