Do you guys name your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spot(white goldfish with orange spot on forehead), Maybelline(Spotted white/orange goldfish with red lips), Hitler(pale goldfish who FORMERLY had a nice little black mustache going on, but grew out of it), Shadow and the Twins, a throwback dark brown goldfish and 2 oranges I cant tell apart. The rest are nameless, and none the worse for wear.

No, I really haven't. Unless a fish just has a really different personality. Or if I get a puffer or something like that I'd probably name it. But when I get my community fish I doubt I'll ever name them. Be way too many and too identical.

wow...thats a lot of naming,you must be very creative,i have trouble coming up with a name for one fish
Yeah, it gets hard after a while! Lol. I like themes. I have sets of fish where the names all rhyme or start with the same first letter. I get annoyed at my boyfriend because he can't tell them all apart.:lol:

Mine are named after movie characters I have seven tiger barbs and they are named after the whole Weasley family from Harry Potter lol

I can't help but name mine. When I was waiting for my 28g to get set up and I had my eye on my flowerhorn at the store, I had already named him Sebastian. THen I had my two bettas- Marlboro for the veil tail since he is the color of marlboro reds (used to be a smoker...) and Wizard because he is all white and well... I live in the south so I thought it would be ironic. Then Xavier my little Senegalese bichir and Gigantor the huge Killifish. And all the rest don't have names. If you could tell the difference between danios and rainbow fish (well I kind of can...), then more power to you.

I need a glass marker to keep track of names, depending on what mood i'm in Im always making up diffrent names for the same fish.

Big-j said:
Mine are named after movie characters I have seven tiger barbs and they are named after the whole Weasley family from Harry Potter lol

When I read this to my wife and she got the idea to get 7 of something and name them after the 7 dwarfs lol

jetajockey said:
No. I don't name fish. I name other pets that I call, but since I don't call fish I don't name them.

My wife will call here betta to get him to come to the front of the tank.

my wife does

i have a red top zebra cichlid that she noticed was stuck between a lava rock and the glass, looked like it was gonna die for about a week but pulled through now its name is crush.she comes up with all names this way.

Yeah, I took pictures last night, but then realized I forgot my camera cord at my boyfriend's house so I can't connect the camera to the computer yet!:facepalm:

I kinda have a theme, My pleco is named Darth Spot and hes the biggest, My rainbows are the bouncers and ther are the most noticeable and then the danios are the groupies. So I guess I really just named my pleco....My sister and I came up with the idea, I like it, It makes me smile

Back
Top Bottom