do you think im over stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy guy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 10 gal, planted, with lots of cover (blixya and hairgrass) and other sorts, and my fish are
4 kuhli loaches
1 crowntail betta
4 neon tetras
Hill stream loach
and a few species of shrimp (cherries, amano, and a vampire)
The tank has a sand bottom, driftwood, and a cave, and they all get along, and I figure they all mostly occupy different water levels and spaces of the tank.
(Also note this tank will be upgraded to a 20 gal with just 9 neon tetras added)

what's your nitrate test at? That's really the determining factor. If you can keep it 20 or less, then you're fine. If not, you might want to up your water change percentage, or rehome some fish.

They've all been safley stable for some time. Its also triple filtered (all rated for 15 or more) I want them to be happy, but I feel like its doin well

I also do 50% once a week, and 20% middle of the week (that was mainly for the misplaced cories, but I plan on keeping this regimine, as my tank is pretty clean (without any carbon)

Well it seems overstocked, but as long as no fish are dying it should be okay for all but the khulis, IMO they should have a twenty gallon tank for room to swim.

Back
Top Bottom