Does anyone know what this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwright

Aquarium Advice Regular
Over the past couple of weeks there have been white trails appearing on the glass walls of my aquarium. they wind back and forth and go on for several inches. they are about 1/16th wide look foamy and break up and dissappear after several days.

I also purchased some additional live rock. with it came a 6 to 8 inch (I am going to say worm). It is definately segmented sort of flat and at the segments has hair clumps on both sides. The top and bottom of the worm is smooth between the segments. Do I need to be concerned? currently there arent any fish in the tank. but there are some snails, 2 skunk cleaner shrimps and a blood shrimp.

Thanks
John

Yes, it looks exactly like that.

I have 3 trochus, 3 turbos and a dozen or so cerynths. Not sure which ones are producing them. Thanks. I was worried, though it may be some disease of one kind or another.

Sorry, its the cerith snail. No worries, in fact the fish may eat them.

The mysterious creature is most definitely at least a 6 inch Bristle worm of some type and was introduced with some cured live rock that i purchased 3 weeks ago.

I have found some information about them.

Has anyone had any negative experience with these in their aquaria?

Does anyone know how they reproduce? Are they hermaphrodites?

I guess I am asking questions to avoid hunting it down and removing it from my tank. When in fact that is probably what I should do.

Thanks in advance.

John

Back
Top Bottom