Anyone know what the heck this is??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flscubadiver

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
Newbie here, apologies in advance if I posted this in the wrong place. Anyone have any idea what these dots are? The recently appeared on a piece of driftwood and are a white or light yellow in color, seem to be some sort of bumps.
Thanks!

qDRgYKO.jpg

I breed snails on occasion and although I breed mystery snails those look like unhatched nerite snail eggs to me. If you have recently gotten live plants or something like that at a mixed tank at the pet store or online sometimes snails travel without you noticing. You can simply scrape them off with a clean razorblade or toothbrush. Since I can't see them in person I would suggest researching nerite snail eggs on the chance I am wrong and see if they match up. Good luck!

They look like nerite eggs to me as well, they won't hatch in freshwater.

FWIW.........
I got two Nerite snails to speed up a diatom removal.. This is in a 10 gal planted tank with a gravel substrate.

I then no longer had that or any other real algae issue and was concerned that they then had something to eat.
However, I started to have Nerite eggs......Those tiny white dots in many places as in that photo, including on the glass..
No, they will not hatch of course but they make a tank look a bit unsightly

Long story short....., I got rid one Nerite and in a couple of days, there were no more new eggs to be found. So, I evidently had a male and a female

So, unless you got a real algae issue, just one Nerite will do if you do not know how to sex them and do not want eggs..

Back
Top Bottom