done!! 55 gallons of cichlid heaven. *pictures*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i only have the regular bulbs that came in the light hoods which i believe are just hagen aqua glo bulbs so these do not do there colour justice. i am goign to buy power glo bulbs soon which have a higher lux and the light spectrum is more geared toward blue and yellow colouration. my demasoni and labs will look awsome once i get them.

hmm...I guess I'll have to watch my Kenyi's pretty closely then. they are very friendly right now...but they are still sorta in the juvi stage. So far the most territorial fish I have is the male red zebra. He can be quite a little terror, but all he does is chase the other fish away from his pit.

Definately watch the Kenyi's, especially if you notice the yellow coloration change. Females are not AS aggressive as the males, but they can still be a bit touchy.

well...the males are well on their way to being yellow I think. Right now they are sort of purple with hints of yellow, especially in the fins.

lol i never even noticed the nose untill u said that lol. the fish i bought the other day has very big lips lol it is really funny to look at but i luv em

The Labeotropheus Trewavasae is an Mbuna and doesn't appear to be too common in the trade. :D I don't know anything about their personality since I've never kept them, but have read that they are pretty aggressive.

oh well i will have to go with some peacocks then. they are pretty easily available at my lfs and there colour is equally attractive.

Love the marble and the way you have layered/stacked it... the black sand is awesome! The black background is going to be great and finish your tank off nicely!!!!

I had a 55g with mixed cichlids years ago, I was never able to keep plants, fake or real... not a chance.

I had red brick stacked similar to yours and 1/2 river rock mixed with 1/2 sand in mine... Keep the pictures coming!

oh here is a pic of the new fish i got and the two mystery cichlids that i am pretty sure are kenyi. i also got another shot of my demasoni he is out and active alot more since the tank change. the demasoni seems to be picking on the guy in the first pic a little becasue the kenyi are to fast for him and he is the only other one in there, u can see his tail is a little thrashed. i think the agression will stop once i add the yellow labs.

lol fogot to add the demasoni pics here he when i was acclimating him and after he found a little place to hide. his colours are also greatly improving in the new tank

what are they then i am soo confused. it was the closest match i can see unless they are mix breed. they are also still quite small maybe a bit over an inch

the first one is the one that u pictured but the other 2 are different. the pictures are not very good so i will try to get a better side profile shot of them. thanks for identifying the first one though they had it labelled as something different. probably just another name for it.

Back
Top Bottom