Doug's 105 rimless build and diary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. Which are you having trouble with? The common red planaria are pretty easy to keep under control. I would vacuum as many out as I could with each water change. these are ambush predators that eat pods, so if you have a wrasse or other pod eater, it helps to starve them out.

So, it's been a week without the wrasse. Starting to think he jumped ship only to be terrier food.
Anyone have trouble with their JBJ ATO? I finally got around to hoking mine up after manually topping off for months :( and I tried the float switches and pump to see if they worked, and they did. That night I went to bed only to wake up to an extra 30 gallons of fresh water in my sump. Luckily I have a decent water volume and a large sump, so nothing spilled over and the salinity only dropped to .021, but what a pain in the butt.
This thing is supposed to shut off after 3 minutes 45, regardless of what the float switch is telling it, right? Why was my pump running in no water then? It's also supposed to have a fail safe that prevents running the pump dry, but apparently this was not working either. I'm starting to think these units need replacing every couple years.....

I didn't have any luck with the two float setup. I ended up using one and it finally worked right. I'm not sure if I was doing it all backwards or what the issue was, but haven't had any issues with it once it was set up. Nothing is caught holding the switch up is there?

Not that I could see, and the single switch option is what I use as well. Now it seems to be working, but I'm not feeling as secure as I was.....I think I'll leave the top off reservoir a little low just in case this happens again.

That's rather odd...I'd take it apart and put it back together to make sure it wasn't connected weird. I know I've come home to the ATO wanting water and sucking air without it shutting off, but not the other way around.

With 4K displays they have been pulling pranks like this for awhile. Did you see the asteroid impact one?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom