Dream Community Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LayzorBeams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i want to know what everyone would choose to put in a 75 gallon peaceful(ish) community tank.

Some "requirements"

-fish dont need, but could live in, a planted tank.
-not a ton of aggression.
-colorful
-themed off of either a common color or region
-activity at all levels of aquarium
-more than 40 fish
-most fish below 5"

The only reason i have set some requirements is that this thread may serve as inspiration for a.... Ehh, i wont get my hopes up :)

But also feel free to list your dream setup free of restrictions, they are cool to see! Im just afraid i will fall in love with a fish that requires plants. And then i have to start doing plants and stuff and....

Well, yeah. Gimme some suggestions !!! :)

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

My dream tank...

Giant school of CPDs or emerald Rasboras
Giant school of habrosus cories
Tons of red cherry shrimp
Pair of peacock gudgeons
School of otos

I think it would be really cool to have a giant tank, with tons of tiny fish!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

I agree, having a bazillion tiny Tetras and Cories and Rasboras woukd be so much cooler than just having a bunch or Rainbows or whatever, IMO.

I would do this:

1x Black Veil Angel
12x Harlequin Rasbora
15x Silvertip Tetras
1x pair of Cockatoo Apistos
15x Panda Cory
2x BN Pleco
1x Male Plakat Betta
8x Yoyo Loach
30x Cherry Shrimp
8x Otocinclus

It doesn't fit me color or regional wants but it would be awesome i think.

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Of all my tanks I like the looks of the stock in my 16g best so I'd base it off that:

large school of green neons
large group of forktail rainbows
colony of peacock gudgeons
good-sized group of kuhlis
female betta sorority

Cool! Apparently Peacock Gudgeons are being rated pretty highly by this community, i will have to look into them.

I loved my peacock gudgeons. If I was more anal I'd try discus. I don't think I could do all that is involved in keeping them though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, 75 is probably the biggest tank I would ever get so:

4x GBR (2 pairs)
10x Silver Hatchetfish
15x Kuhli Loach
13x Harlequin Rasbora
3x African Butterfly Fish

That's all I can think of right now but that's what I would put in my planted 75.

Or maybe just some really cool puffers, like red eyed red tailed puffs or avocado, amazon, and figure 8's. Tons of cool ones out there :)

I had8 Congo tetras in a 55 gallon and they were large and beautiful and all over the tank.. I rehomed them because they got too large for the 55. But in a 75 they would be great I think. They get 4-5 inches and are fast. They are aggressive eaters and would bother slower ovine fish such as angels or gouramis.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Planted Australia/New Guinea themed tank with:

5 boesemani rainbows
5 red rainbows
5 turquoise rainbows
5 praecox rainbows
16 threadfin rainbows
10 furcata blue eyes
4 blue panchax killifish
8 peacock gudgeons

Cool! Awesome ideas for me, and very pretty!

Im not to upset about a theme, but i really like the Aussie theme with all the Rainbows, lots of colors. That would be a very active tank.

ImaCoolGuy- nice! And the Discus look better with plants IMO, but a few pieces of overhead driftwood branches would really tie that off IMO. But still, looks great :) And the yellow water is something i like, but i think it wouldn't go well with the colors of the Discus. I like it with my Texas Cichlids though, just because it seems more natural.

If I was to do a community I would do a red and yellow theme with a centerpiece

18x Cherry Barbs
25x Lemon Tetras
6 x Bosemani rainbow
6 x gold or orange lazer corries
1 x gold nugget pleco
1 x platinum angel fish

My current 75 is my favorite so far.

1x green severum
1x red dot severum
2x nicuraguans (currently have 4 juvies hoping to get 2 female out of the group)
1x platinum HRP
1x L200

I would like to get a few bosemani but it might look to crowded.

I saw 75 gallon and immediately thought .... Discus.
And then imacoolguy came up with that stunning discus.
That's definitely the way I would go.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If I was to do a community I would do a red and yellow theme with a centerpiece

18x Cherry Barbs
25x Lemon Tetras
6 x Bosemani rainbow
6 x gold or orange lazer corries
1 x gold nugget pleco
1 x platinum angel fish

That would be cool! Lots of bright yellows in that. Personally i would do a Black Veil Angel just for the darker contrast. And i would drop the Bosemani, as they aren't my favorite fish, although they do look wonderful. I would replace them with some type of Killi or something and i think that would be awesome for me!

Loving all the tanks and ideas guys!

Back
Top Bottom