Duboisi Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Douglas4701

Aquarium Advice Freak
So am I correct that when these fishies grow up that their black base and white spots go away and they flip into a blue head, yellow chest and brownish black tail?

The colours depend on the kind of Duboisi, but the they certainly lose the spots and look very different when older

cezza44 said:
The colours depend on the kind of Duboisi, but the they certainly lose the spots and look very different when older

Tropheus duboisi IS the species?

I just wanted to make it clear to anyone reading the thread that duboisi is indeed a species, and not a genus :) you are correct on the color morphs, mostly from different locations within Tanganyika.

Just wanna make clear it wasn't an attack, just said it for clarification :)

No worries, wasn't disputing that is was the species. Although in hindsight perhaps 'strand' was a poorly chosen word, colour morphs is better :)

Even color morphs tends to point towards human made colorings, as in opted geckos or bearded dragons, where they've been selectively bred for certain generic mutations that create different colors. "locales" or "locations" may be a bit better, but I still feel like there's a word I'm forgetting that I just can't seem to get off my tongue...grrrr this is gonna bug me!

Back
Top Bottom