Dwarf Puffer Profile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Instead of snails I find that ground up oyster shells like you get for chickens work well to keep their beaks trimmed.

How many times a week would I feed then because I have a lifetime supply of glass and ramshorn snails from my lfs so I was thinking of buying a refugium and making that a filter so I could breed the snails but it wouldn't work out so if I just had a lot of glass and ramshorn snails in the tank with the dp would he eat them to death?

I am breaking the rules ........ Everything I read about dp..... Is 1 per 5 gallons or so ..... I have 2 fluval chi.... Both 5 gallons.... I have kept 4 dp in each for over a month now..... Both set ups have 3 plants plus 1 piece of wood .... Also have 3 ghost shrimp in each.... I feed them live black worms... And every so often I get some snails from my other aquariums...I do water changes like once a week.... So far so good they seem to be thriving...

I would like to know how big dwarf puffers get, I know less than an inch or so but how big compared to an item such as a quarter

I would say no on the snail could they might slowly eat the snail and they get about the size of a quarter

Okay, mine are already about as long as a quarter, but how thick do they get, and thank you I'll make sure not to put any snails in that aren't just intended to feed them

I would like to know how big dwarf puffers get, I know less than an inch or so but how big compared to an item such as a quarter

They get as big as a quarter. They should be thick as well when full, but I have never measured the thickness before. In general, they should be round.

I was just wondering because I have two and they are pretty small, smaller than a neon tetra, and I was wondering if they get any bigger they have grown since I got them, but I've remeber seeing one much bigger than mine, do they get to around the size of a balloon Molly maybe?

Some will be bigger than others, depending on DNA and growing environment (having enough tank space). I don't know any other freshwater fish other than puffers.

Maybe a figure 8 .... Or spotted puffer...... They r called pea puffers for a reason lol.... Witch makes them even better

Maybe a figure 8 .... Or spotted puffer...... They r called pea puffers for a reason lol.... Witch makes them even better

It was a while ago so it might not have even been big it was probably a green spotted puffer

At what size can u tell male from female?i have a total of 8 and I don't see the line on there belly....

At what size can u tell male from female?i have a total of 8 and I don't see the line on there belly....

There are other traits to help distinguish male from female. Look at the first page.

Will dwarf puffers eat black worms?

Yes. Some DP might not understand blackworms are food, but a little training will help with that.

Would a dwarf puffer be okay to go with a clown pleco or rubber lip pleco

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom