eat your vegetables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have fed blanched broccoli, spinach, zucchini, romaine lettuce, and apples. they eat them all, but devour the broccoli and zucchini first. i boil all veggies for a minute or two before serving.

the otos and pleco appreciate them the most, but gold severum also partake quite often. i haven't seen neons eating the veggies, but maybe they wait until i'm not looking. they do eat frozen veggies that come in cubes from the lfs.

I feed mine peas and they love them. Mostly the live bearers. I tried feeding them zucchini but they wouldn't tuch it for some reason. I have cucumber that I need to feed them but I am not sure how to prepare it.

Cut in half, remove the seeds and then put your cucumber and zuchinni in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. If it's too hot, let it cool for a sec and then attach to a vegie clip.

It's a clip you attach your vegie to so that it doesn't float back up. It attaches to the side of your tank so that your bottom dwellers can get to it.

This is similar to the one I have.

img_290387_0_195ca968c37799b1da6bf0b509840f92.jpg

No, because there is a magnetic part with the clip that goes in the tank and the other part that goes on the outside to keep it in place.

Works just like those magnetic algae scrapers.

Back
Top Bottom