Eel not eating!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pseudomugil

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a peacock eel not too long ago, it's about 4 1/2 inches long. I see it picking at scraps in the sand sometimes, but it won't eat anything I try to feed it. I've tried flakes (didn't think this would work), mini pellets, brine shrimp, and blood worms, and he just looks at it and watches as my other fish come over to eat it. What else can I try? I really don't want him to starve he's my favourite fish I've got!

How long have you had it? It might take a little before they get really adjusted to the tank. Do you have any kind of long tongs/tweezers? I use this to wave bloodworms in front of my puffs and they go for it. Also try live earthworms, ain't nothin' like a good ole organic snack! (I'm not Southern :lol: ) He should be eating in no time though. I' kinda jealous, I love eels and oddballs!

I got the eel just under a week ago. I still haven't seen him eat. I'll try tweezers, but he gets scared really easily (he'll swim away from another fish approaching him).

I'll try feeding him earthworms too. Sometimes I go out and drop some worms in the tank. My denison's barb loves them!

I just got a fire eel not too long ago and he is getting huge. I had the same problem starting out also, he wouldn't eat anything. I ended up trying live food and went with ghost shrimp and he tears them up. Eventually I will be putting some blood worms around the ghost shrimp when I put them in so he has more of a variety but as of right now it is just ghost shrimp ! Hope he starts eating soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom