Electronic Monitoring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmarti54

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Is there a monitoring system that will yet for most water parameters? I've seen ones for pH and calcium but is there one that test for most parameters? (Nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, alkalinity, and so on)

The apex gold systems only monitor Temp, PH, Salinity, and something else I don't remember. As for Nitrate and Nitrite, I don't think anything does.

All of these systems are expensive and unnecessary. You think you'll end up saving time with them, but they still need to be re calibrated...so I don't see any time saved in the end.

All of these systems are expensive and unnecessary. You think you'll end up saving time with them, but they still need to be re calibrated...so I don't see any time saved in the end.

I don't think it's time people are trying to get with these. I think they are looking for ease of use and simple displays of their tank, so it's less work. However, they are expensive and a waste.

Not yet. But electronic testing systems are on the way. Most you can do now is, ph, salinity, orp, temp and not much else. Most if the other tests require a reagent.

The digital era is here

You can get nitrate/ammonia/calcium ion selective electrodes. I think also potassium, fluoride and chloride there may be more.

Big money. Limited lifespan. Depends on your needs. If you own one tank, don't bother. (Depends on stock value and data requirements)

Data loggers and associated electrodes are expensive.

(I'm looking for absolute accuracy and precision)

To upgrade from a typical test kit, look at photometry, lots of money but accurate, if you want digital data, ion electrodes or lab grade bench meters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom