Ellioti cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deano320

Aquarium Advice Regular
I seen some of these cichlids today in my local fish shop and they were stunning!! But before i went ahead and bought them i wanted to do a bit off research! So i thought i would ask on here :-

• Would a pair be suitable for 55g?
• How is there aggression?
• Would they be suitable for a community tank?? Atm my current fish are 1 x anglefish, 1 x golden guarami, 6 x rummynose, 7 x Harlequin barbs, 7 x peppered corys!!
• How are they with live plants??
• How easy are they to keep?

My parameters are:

Ph: 7.6
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrites: 0ppm
Nitrates: 5ppm

Sent from my SM-G901F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

• Would a pair be suitable for 55g?
• How is there aggression?
• Would they be suitable for a community tank?? Atm my current fish are 1 x anglefish, 1 x golden guarami, 6 x rummynose, 7 x Harlequin barbs, 7 x peppered corys!!
• How are they with live plants??
• How easy are they to keep?

My parameters are:

Ph: 7.6
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrites: 0ppm
Nitrates: 5ppm

Thorichthys maculipinnis are a great fish. They have the potential to reach 7" with a good varied diet of high quality food and a very clean water.

- I would imagine two pairs could co-exist in a 55 gallon so long as their are defined territories in either side.

- They are in the middle of the aggression scale but can be quite nippy with tank mates during spawning.

- No, they would be best suited to a species tank.

- They will be fine fine with plants so long as they are firmly rooted. I find Thorichthys only dig around the time they clear a site for spawning.

- They are easy to keep so long as you keep the water between 76-78, keep the water pristine and feed high quality diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom