Evans 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I got my liverock to seed my tank so I'm ready to start my cycle. Few questions...

1. I know the raw shrimp method is best and I've used this for my 2 tanks. However, I kind of want to put a few fish in and make sure the paint I used for the tank and all is okay. Like tester fish to make sure the water is okay. Is this a good idea and what fish should I use? Chromis? Damsels?

2. At MAX I got this thing in my bag that supposedly helps to cycle a tank. I wasn't going to use it, but then I thought...maybe it would be a good experiment to test the product. I am in no hurry to cycle and don't mind doing it the normal way at all, but I thought I may give the product a try. Thoughts?

as long as the paint was fully cured before you added water it should be ok
my concern was thinking if it would flake off in time and fish eating it

So my cycle has started! Put shrimp in a few days ago! Ammonia was about 1 last time I checked! Will keep you posted on when the cycle is done.

That's awesome. I'm going to see kip Moore again for the 5th time later this month. Love country music

Lucky , :)I'm going to a one republic concert later in August and I saw Daughtery and I met Lifehouse last year.

So I got everything transferred over from my 20! Will post pics tomorrow possibly!! :) have a good weekend everyone

So here are some photos of the new tank! Nothing special yet, but once i get more coral and the rock has time to mature, it should look pretty neat! :)

FTS

Zoas

Zoa Garden

Looks awesome man. These are the perfect size tank to me. Not too big, not to small.

Back
Top Bottom