evil fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purrfect

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone else had evil fish among the others? I had one platy that kept the rest hiding all the time behind the termometer or somewhere. I gave her to a friend to keep with tigerbarbs, but she bites them too, when it is feedingtime. Tigerbarbs have passed :( . Now my friend is still trying to have yellow barbs in that tank. That evil platy has red eyes. All platties I have, have black eyes. Some disorder or what?

if evil platys have red eyes, I wonder what color eyes evil humans have....incidently, what color are your eyes?

point being, evilness is not determined by eye color

The best thing would be to get a 10 gal tank and set it up as a single fish tank with that platy being the only fish. Its clear the fish's distramenor will not permit it to coexist with others.

The staff of this site can only avocate a humane way of dealing with this kind of fish. Those two humane methods include returning the fish to the store for credit (if the store accepts fish back that dont behave or are to big for their enviorment) and putting the fish in its own tank thus resolving all of the turf wars.

purrfect said:
She is yellow. But I have a cat. I'll give that fish to her.

This is your warning. Do not even imply that you're going to purposely kill this fish again, or I will lock the thread. Inhumane treatment is not tolerated on these forums.

I hate to say it ... but it is a fact of life ... animals eat other animals. I mean no one here is opposed to feeders for their carnivorous fish ... so ...

Unless the cat is an outside cat fishing to live, it's not a necessity. There is a difference between a fish having to eat another fish to survive, than for a pet cat to get a fish as a play toy/treat. The point is, there are other alternatives.

malkore said:
purrfect said:
She is yellow. But I have a cat. I'll give that fish to her.

This is your warning. Do not even imply that you're going to purposely kill this fish again, or I will lock the thread. Inhumane treatment is not tolerated on these forums.

Malkore, on a lighter note I read your message (totally agree) and then I looked at your Avatar. That alone will keep everyone in line!! LOL

I have a female plakat betta who has issues ... I just put her in with white clouds , she cant catch them and she is learning to behave... I call it fish pycho analisis.. YES I have to much time on my hands:)

I also thought it sounded like a joke. Besides, wasn't there a whole thread on here a while back by someone who kept a whole separate aquarium for his cat to catch fish out of? There were even pictures.

I once had a african cichlid that would kill everything in site.. including fish you wouldnt think could be killed like 14" long armored pleco's.. Mean fish she was.. I gave her a 50 gallon to herself for about a year then my uncle put her in his pred. SA tank and she marked off her territory and was fine from then on out.. in other words.. you just probably havent found the right tankmates for this fish.. maybe it needs fish that would normally be too aggressive for platies to live with and they would get along just fine.. you would never know unless you give it a shot.. dont give up on a fish just because its causing trouble.. you might get to like the fish.. I know I liked the african after we fixed the killing other fish problem.. she got really big and quite a impressive spesimine.. you might just have a very impressive platy? Good Luck (y)

Back
Top Bottom