Farewell, my dear Golden Mystery Mommy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OceanMaiden

Aquarium Advice Freak
That place between sleeping and awake, where drea
My very old Golden Mystery snail momma died today. She laid a clutch of eggs on the tank lid about two weeks ago and hadn't been looking good ever since. Just floated around the top alot and ate fish flakes. She wouldn't explore the tank anymore or climb on the plants. She finally fell asleep for the last time today. It is heartbraking and I will miss her. Hopefully her last egg clutch I'm incubating will hatch out another lil golden beauty just like she was.

I'm so so sorry about your sweet golden snail. You gave her a wonderful forever home. She knew she was deeply loved.

Be gentle with yourself.

I believe she was 2 yrs + She might have lived longer if she didnt reproduce so much. Thank you all for your kind thoughts towards my Goldy.

GOOD NEWS!! The clutch is starting to hatch out. The baby snails are still really tiny so I cant really see their colors too well yet. They are dining on shrimp pellet particles and algea wafer particles. I will keep you posted as they grow bigger. THANKS EVERYONE

My baby snails are growing. They are almost the size of an eraser on a number 2 pencil. A few of them are indeed golden!! Some are dark chocolate like the father ....AND, I have two PURPLE snails!! Only eight snails hatched out of the clutch but they are doing well. There is 4 golden, 2 chocolate and 2 purple. I cant see wether they are boy or girl yet and won't be able to till they are about the size of a dime. Does anyone know how long that usually takes??

Back
Top Bottom