Fat otto!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all,
One of my ottos has a super fat belly. Much larger than the others, they all appear to be pooping fine.
Could it just be a gready one?
Sorry for the poor picture he/she wouldn't stay in a good place lol

Attachments

• image-838281353.jpg
    image-838281353.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 91
Maybe he has been putting in some OT. I hope it was approved.

No all fish accounted for! My tank is lovely and clean but they also like eating the alge wafer and catfish pellets! Lol

Hello all,
One of my ottos has a super fat belly. Much larger than the others, they all appear to be pooping fine.
Could it just be a gready one?
Sorry for the poor picture he/she wouldn't stay in a good place lol
It's not too bad. Go ahead and skip a feeding or two to cut down his body fat. Unless he explodes or something you should be fine. No worries.

Looks like my female when she's full of EGGS !!

As long as she has decent weight in her tail, she's probably gravid. If she is super skinny in the tail and listless, then it may be internal parasites :(

I'm betting on eggs.
Pic is my healthy Gravid female. Unfortunately I ended up with a male of a different species. Gotta find her a mate.
image-2075096770.jpg

Wow she's big! Mine is not listless at all and is the same as normal everywhere else. I have three so if she is full then I may get lucky lol! :)

She looks fine. She could have eggs or be greedy. I have seen a few otos tend to get pretty big bellies after eating. I wouldn't worry about it as long as there are no other issues and the rest of her looks filled out. :)

I'm guessing my otto just needed a good poop as they are all back to the normal chubby belly size! Might've been nice to have some eggs and babies after all my tank has been through lately :)

Back
Top Bottom