Favorite Cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most of the New World cichlids, but my favourites would be the Apsitogramma's - just find these fascinating.

Attachments

• image-2248871982.jpg
    image-2248871982.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 106
red_de10.jpg

Well, I'm generally an African kinda guy. But at the moment, my RD is my favorite cichlid.

WYite

My Sciaenochromis Fryeri (Electric Blue Hap)
Still just a little guy...can't wait for him to grow and show his full coloration!

66356-albums10178-picture42442.jpg

Borderlesscott said:
Most of the New World cichlids, but my favourites would be the Apsitogramma's - just find these fascinating.

+1 to you good sir, although the Agassizii are my personal favorite. Apisto Power!!

image-2305048007.jpg

(Apistogramma Gibbiceps before being released into my 29g)

Predfan27 said:
+1 to you good sir, although the Agassizii are my personal favorite. Apisto Power!!

(Apistogramma Gibbiceps before being released into my 29g)

I'd be really interested in good pics of your new guys once they settle in, good to say a rarer Apisto.

My favorite is the keyhole cichlid (cleithracara maronii) because of their subtly beautiful coloration, and awesome personality
59415-albums9532-picture42073.jpg

To join the apisto party, how's this one?
59415-albums9532-picture41971.jpg

Apistogramma viejita "red neck"

Rams, bolivians and kribensis. I had a cockatoo that never colored up then died. I may try again some day.

Borderlesscott said:
I'd be really interested in good pics of your new guys once they settle in, good to say a rarer Apisto.

Thanks! My plan (when I get a little bit more stable) is to get some breeding of various Apistos going on. I love them so much :)

On a side note, just saw him get some NLS pellets. Good sign that he will color up here soon :)

Freakgecko91 said:
To join the apisto party, how's this one?

Apistogramma viejita "red neck"

Oh man those are really nice! There were a few of them at the auction, I had no idea that they got THAT pretty or else I woulda bid on them too :)

Glad to see some Apisto Enthusiast on here!!

Predfan27 said:
Thanks! My plan (when I get a little bit more stable) is to get some breeding of various Apistos going on. I love them so much :)

On a side note, just saw him get some NLS pellets. Good sign that he will color up here soon :)

Get some dried almond leaves, drop them in - work wonders with my Apisto's. My Panduro pair , loves these two.

Attachments

• image-2217462233.jpg
    image-2217462233.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 81
Borderlesscott said:
Get some dried almond leaves, drop them in - work wonders with my Apisto's. My Panduro pair , loves these two.

Beautiful fish you got there. I'll PM you with some questions as I don't want to divert the thread topic :D

My new favourites had one for a week and one for only a few days already colour is heaps better than in store..........

Attachments

• image-1693283887.jpg
    image-1693283887.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 92
  • image-1473957996.jpg
    image-1473957996.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 82
  • image-2384705121.jpg
    image-2384705121.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom