Favorite fish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annielauri

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am sure this has been done a million times before on here, but I haven't searched through the threads.

What is your favorite fish?? Mine has to be the corycat!!! I had 2 albino's that I fell in love with and added 3 emerald cories today. OMG, they make me laugh! The other fish are looking at them like "What the H_ _ _ is wrong with you??" They are running into everyone and bouncing off the walls right now, but they are soooooooooooo cute! I love how they cuddle up with each other to sleep also! :multi: :biglol:

I love my rainbows (boesemani, goyder river, turquoise, dwarf neons, madagascar, jewel) and my loaches (clown, yo yo, and angelicus). Of course, the kitties are always fun to watch!

id have to say my tiger oscar i had him 10 years he was huge nice color then one day he decided to jump out of the tank sad day . also like my tetras i got 10 different kind love all the cool colors.

I have five platys, a clown loach and today I got a Bolivian Ram -- He is the coolest fish I've ever had!

Fire Eel....

55g72.jpg

My favorite fish ATM has to be my Striped Raphael catfish. Unfortunately, I rarely get to see him because he usually only comes out at night. I do get to see him early in the morning sometimes when I first get up. I also like the 6 Tiger Barbs I have. I love how they school together and chase each other around. Oh, I also like my BGK... he's cool looking but once again... he's a hider.

Right now, my killies...but that is mostly because they are actually spawning for me :D

wow, that is a tough one for me.

Ever? my peacock eel who dumpster dived too far one day.

My cichlids? without a doubt, King PooPoo Dusty.

My S.A.s? Either Herbert Hoover, my BGK or Queen Penelope Anastaisia Britany BooBoo Penelope, my Blushing Russian Angel

Travis's tanks? Marge, without a doubt. She comes to me for cookies (spirulina wafers) every time I walk by the tank. I have flat out trained her to eat from my hand in less than a week.

Bettas? Senator and former mayor, Mayor of Spendensville.

Pufferfish! They're just all adorable, and very intelligent too :) I love brackish puffers particularly (GSP, F8, ceylon etc.). I prefer puffers you can actually see the beautiful markings on, so not a huge fan of dwarf puffers.

Other than that, my other big love is loaches! I prefer the more unusual species, the balitoridae in particular because they're just so active and cute! Botia are lovely too, but not as interesting to watch and definitely not as naughty!

Black Ghost Knife. How can a fish that uses electric fields, undulates, and eats of your hand not qualify as a perk

Puffer fish - Especially Figure 8's

I second coldmachineUK and Corey with puffers. I did a ton of research into which puffer I wanted to get. Granted I already had a dwarf puffer, I wanted something a little bit bigger but that could fit in a 24 gallon tank. I definitely didn't want a saltwater puffer becuase sw is a pain as I can imagine. I didn't want one that was a lurker or nocturnal because I actually wanted to get to see my fish. Of the freshwater species, only the South American puffer was interesting to me but I couldn't find on anywhere. Turns out just found one now (too late) on aquabid. So I looked to brackish and the figure 8 is what everyone describes as an aquatic puppy. They actually recognize that your at the tank watching them and come out to greet you, wanting food mostly. Its fun to watch them eat shrimp (the kind we eat) and cockles, until my snail pop is up to size. I am slowly going up to brackish, I am still at pretty much FW right now.
Figure_8_Puffer.jpg

i prefered my big male convict cichlid myself. ive never had a fish attack my knuckle before until he bit it one day! sicne he wasnt afraid to attack my big alien-looking (to him) hand, he was my fav after that!

Re: Puffer fish - Especially Figure 8's

Helicopter - I have a pair of figure 8's too, and I believe coldmachine does as well.
Aren't they awesome? They really are like little puppies.
I'll whore out a video of one of my little dudes picking at the substrate (don't know why) -

I loved my first convict - Stripes. He survived so many screwups I made as a new fishkeeper. Then he was unfortunately killed by a Jack Dempsey who was meaner than he was. My current favorite is my new convict Spots.

Back
Top Bottom