Feeding Time - Morning or Night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davekyn

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,
What is the best time to feed your fish?

I only ask because someone reacently told me that feeding them at night before they mellow out was a bad thing to do?

I know that some fish only eat at night (or suposedly) and this kind of just make it more complicated.

If I feed some in the morning and then at night for the others, wont some get a couble dip?

Do you just use food that sinks for the nocturnal ones and hope the others cant see the blood worms adrift?

Any help would be greatly apprecieated
THANKS GUYS

I've found it's best to feed nocturnal species after the lights have been out for a few minutes. Exactly what species are you concerned about?

I feed mostly in the evening, since I am regularly in my office and by the tank then. But when I have to work nights, I feed before I go in the afternoon. I feed once a day.

Thanks guys,
I have a community tank with-
tetras
plecos
corrys &
yo yo loaches

I feed once a day in the evening about three hours before the lights go out. Was just wondering if there was an optimal time to feed was all. I got plenty of snails to keep the yo-yo's busy during lights out.

was just curious was all.
Thanks again

I feel the smallest fry 4 times per day. Morning, lunch, around 4, then before bed. The rest of the fish are fed around 6:00. Algae wafers are dropped in about an hour after lights out.

I feeed my fish everytime I go near the tanks. This can be once a day, or 5 or 6 times. If I have fry, they are fed 4 or 5 times daily. How much, and how often, fish should be fed depends on the type of fish, their growth stage, and how often you are willing to change water.

I feed all the time. I don't restrict my goldies because I'm hoping they get to breeding sometime soon. I don't think there really is an optimal time.

Well I'll be sure not to tip in any bucket loads any time real soon, but I see its not just once a day for some.

I feed my cichlids about an hour after I wake up in the morning and an hour before I go to bed. For the community tank I feed once a day around noonish. For my babies I feed 4 times daily spread evenly throughout the day.

Back
Top Bottom