Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, I don't take it just at what they claim. Some examples are from their site, but most are not. I don't think their site mentions the mandarins (something I read about somewhere outside of their site and have seen first hand in the shop I was running). Rather than argue against anything I say and focus on one thing you know is from their site and then state that everything I am saying is right from their site, bring something more to this conversation (rather than just rewording 'you're wrong' over and over) or move on to a diffeerent thread.

What nutrients do plecos need that NLS is not providing? The form of the food is different from the nutrients of the food. Don't get caught up on the form of the food or shape of the food, focus on the nutrition. So if NLS took their pellets, shaped them like a wafer, added a little more spirulina, and green dye, then you would think it is a perfect food for plecos?

A diet of fruits and veggies is just as unnatural as NLS. None of these fish chow down on lettuce, brine shrimp, cucumber, etc. in nature.

The only preservative in this 'preservative laden' food is ethoxyquin in the meals as required by law, that's it.

If you can't believe anything you hear where do you get your info? They are not claiming to feed fish and really barely feed a few species, the video shows moorish idols chowing down on it. That is more than a bias.

Honestly I felt exactly like you guys before I tried it. Even after I first tried it I hated how similar all the foods were because I still felt that cichlids and goldfish should be getting very different foods. I didn't believe the hype either. But after seeing the condition of the fish that have been fed nothing but NLS for 8 years (more like 12 years now), I tried it again. This time I truly tried it. I fed it exclusively this time, not just added to my mix. That is when I saw the difference. Since then I have seen example after example of how this food is a big step up from other diets. Colors I have never seen on certain fish before come out with NLS. Fish breed with little to no trigger while being fed NLS exclusviely (not even a short period of conditioning with usual conditioning foods). The best health I have ever had with fish. A small fraction of deaths in the shop I was running compared to any other shop I have ever worked in or talked to. Fish eating sooner and better upon arrival to the shop. Species taking pellets that I have never seen eat prepared foods before (African butterfly, fw rays, mandarins, sea hares, corals, lionfish, many sw angels, really the entire sw dept except for just a couple fish, and more). Species taking to pellets better than with other prepared foods (arowanas, datnoids, peacock bass, gars (except needlenose, but I have heard they will), bichirs, axolotls, freshwater eels including tiretrack and fire, and more). I am not just regurgitating their site. I am not just unquestionably buying in to the 'hype' and claims they put out there. I have tried it and over and over it has shown to be not just another high quality pellet.

That may not be enough for some of you, and that is alright. But it has proven itself to me and that is what I want to share with other people. I just hope that me recommending it to people leads to some of you to trying it. Just try it. It won't hurt anything, and you will find out if what you were already doing was up there with what other people have found to be the best.

picture_117 said:
So I'm guessing NLS is some kind of fancy super food *waits for the attack* :hide:

NLS is new life spectrum. It's a super good food, but we're arguing about wether it should be fed exclusively or not.

Okay, when I run out of hikari, I might try NLS. But for God's sake, how much of an algae wafer should I feed my baby clown pleco at night!

Okay, when I run out of hikari, I might try NLS. But for God's sake, how much of an algae wafer should I feed my baby clown pleco at night!

^^; Hahaha. How about half, and see how much is left in the morning?

^^; Hahaha. How about half, and see how much is left in the morning?
Oh My God THANK YOU. What about the smaller sinkers. How many. How does this simple question launch into a 7 page argument about exclusively feeding NLS? Now this question is going to erupt :popcorn:

Oh My God THANK YOU. What about the smaller sinkers. How many. How does this simple question launch into a 7 page argument about exclusively feeding NLS? Now this question is going to erupt :popcorn:

I think everyone has said their piece now, so hopefully we can focus on answering your question. =]

What do you mean by "smaller sinkers" though?

The best thing I can think of is to feed a few, and then if they're not eaten, take them out and feed less. Do this maybe every other day. =]

Back
Top Bottom