Feeling defeated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh cool I'm pretty much half way between Tampa and Daytona we don't have much here either for good reliable fish stores. I'll be in Clearwater this weekend gonna try to get a dive or two in (scubaaa).

Another cool fish you may consider. Since you like compressiceps is the Calvus. They are from Lake Tanganyika. Not as big or aggressive.

image-2670076410.jpg

My 2 year old male

Just called my LFS and they have kribs but no apistos. Howmany kribs, apistos, and german blue rams could I put in my 36 gallon? I would like to get pairs, here is a pic:

Attachments

• image-1584047829.jpg
    image-1584047829.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 66
Just called my LFS and they have kribs but no apistos. Howmany kribs, apistos, and german blue rams could I put in my 36 gallon? I would like to get pairs, here is a pic:

If you wanna do pairs I would 86 the kribs they get aggressive to others while mating to other fish if your gonna mix them. I have a 20 and was told I could do 5 pairs of apistos (seems a lil excessive to me though) I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will chime in soon. Are you mixing or just doing one breed

Very cool set-up. Is the license plate in the tank? If so did you coat it? T

Yes, the license plate is in the tank but I did not coat it. It has been in there for almost a year, is there something I should coat it with? Also I would like to mix to get all sorts of colors in there. Maybe I will just do kribs.

I'd still only do one pair, just so there isn't to much stress and the tank won't be over ran by fry. If you really wanted you could prolly split the tanks line of sight and do two pairs. But doing so you would put other tank mates at greater risk of aggression and stress. Which can lead to illness.

One pair with other active tank mates would make for a great setup.

So maybe one pair with apistos and german blue rams? If so how many german blue rams and apistos could I get?

Yes, the license plate is in the tank but I did not coat it. It has been in there for almost a year, is there something I should coat it with? Also I would like to mix to get all sorts of colors in there. Maybe I will just do kribs.

There was an episode of tanked where they took a diecast model car and dipped it in some kind of urethane. Or you could do a few coats of krylon clearcoat. I would recclmend the urethane

So maybe one pair with apistos and german blue rams? If so how many german blue rams and apistos could I get?

If our gonna breed them and they will breed I would do just a pair of rams and a pair of apistos and that's it and make two seperate structured in opposite sided of the the tank and I would plant it or put fakes in there and something large in the middle to break the sightlines but I think a pair of rams and a pair of apistos would look awesome in there.

I cant find any apistos around here. So kribs and rams wouldnt be a option?

$50 shipping for 30 worth of fish is kind of ridiculous. I checked aquabid and only saw 3 adds and none of them were very good. Plus I really like the looks of kribs.

So my real question is could I do kribs and rams together? Im going to the LFS today which is an hour+ away so I dont get to go often. Im leaving soon.

So my real question is could I do kribs and rams together? Im going to the LFS today which is an hour+ away so I dont get to go often. Im leaving soon.

Yeah you could but id be careful I forget wha size you said the tank is but if it's not big enough with hiding spots and the kribs are mating your rams might get harassed big time.

Took in both of the cichlids today. Im going to grab the kribs later this week. Also while I was there I saw some really cool looking "vampire crabs" could I keep these in the tank with kribs and rams? I see some people say they are not fully aquatic but my LFS had them fully submerged with no way out.

I would get that plate outta there until it is safely coated!!! There are toxins in the paint that will leech out and kill anything you intend to put in there. Also a big water change after the plate is gone. What ever you coat it with, make sure it is non toxic and coats 100%, or you are just making a toxic tank that could kill anything in it.

Took plate out for good earlier. Its been in there for almost a year.

Attachments

• image-1212253015.jpg
    image-1212253015.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 45
misterpenguin4 said:
What are these guys called? Are they crazy expensive and could I keep them with german blu rams?

Apistogramma and kribensis and yes but just go with the apistos

Back
Top Bottom