Female bettas losing color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devilishturtles

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, you might remember I got 4 female bettas a while back. 2 went into one tank and 2 into another. Well, one from each tank is starting to lose huge patches of color, like their color is leaving and left behind is a whitish patch. I just found one of them now covered in a fungus, and started treating, but I dunno if it's going to make it. :( I'm so confused. I've had them for a few weeks now, and they've been doing so good. I thought I was giving them a better home and now 3 out of the 4 of them are sick. :(

The color doesn't look like a growth of anykind, no fungus or bacterial infection. The fish are acting 100% fine, their color is just, literally, dissapering.

Any ideas? :?

Hey guys, just an update. One of the bettas that was losing color died... it was so weird. They were fine for 3 weeks or so, so happy, then one day half the color is gone and I have an almost stark white fish. Then the other betta that wasn't losing color, but was in the same tank as one of them, died too. :( They developed a fungus on them. I tried treating with ick clear tablets, as that was all I had on hand, but by the next day they were both gone. :(

Sorry about that, Lindsay. My guess is that the bettas probably had a reduced lifespan due to bad genes - who knows where the lfs get their bettas?

I've lost a couple of bettas over the years to internal infections manifested in the form of dropsy.

Back
Top Bottom