Filling a tank with a garden hose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
God no! Get a python, it is the best purchase ever for your tank, and makes not only filling but water changes a breeze. Hoses are coated with stuff that is horrible for fish, you don't want that in your tank.

I have always used them in the past to initially fill tanks with no problems.

You have to take off the thing on the end of your faucet first. When I first got mine I thought the exact same thing, but it will attach to almost any sink faucet. Just turn to the right to loosen whats on the end of your faucet right now (not left like normal).

If you already used a hose and it was ok then I guess just do it again, but use a good water conditioner and make sure to run the filter a long time before any fish go in. How big is the tank? Under 60g and its not too bad to just use buckets.

You can go to a hardware store and buy an adapter to sizi it down. Bring the areator from the faucet with you so you can determine thread size though.

I have seen some hoses that say something like "drinking water safe" so I'm thinking that if we can drink the water from a hose labeled like that, it would be ok for fish. Like Tony said, use a good water conditioner after filling.

I got it to fit to my shower head. Man those things pump water fast. I also love the quick and easy water changes. I recomend the python to every one with and aquarium!

Back
Top Bottom