Filter decision question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

racedoc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys, quick canister filter question for my 90 gal FW planted tank. I'd like to stick to a single canister with an additional powerhead in the tank if needed for flow. I've kinda narrowed it down to the eheim pro 3 e, either the 2078 or the 2076. The issue I have is clearance under the tank - I have 25" total from the floor of the cabinet to the bottom of the aquarium, and about 22" or so clearance for the door to the cabinet. The 2076 should fit fine, but I can't really get a handle on how tall the 2078 is, with the hoses attached. I'd rather go 2078 for the extra 2l of media but will be fine (I think) with the 2076.

It's come down to GPH - both those are in the mid-upper 400 GPH. The 2 emperor HOB's each are at 400 GPH, but as was mentioned by a member of another forum the water going through a canister passes through more "stuff" and should more than suffice for the loss in GPH.

Appreciate all the input!

Hi guys, quick canister filter question for my 90 gal FW planted tank. I'd like to stick to a single canister with an additional powerhead in the tank if needed for flow. I've kinda narrowed it down to the eheim pro 3 e, either the 2078 or the 2076. The issue I have is clearance under the tank - I have 25" total from the floor of the cabinet to the bottom of the aquarium, and about 22" or so clearance for the door to the cabinet. The 2076 should fit fine, but I can't really get a handle on how tall the 2078 is, with the hoses attached. I'd rather go 2078 for the extra 2l of media but will be fine (I think) with the 2076.

It's come down to GPH - both those are in the mid-upper 400 GPH. The 2 emperor HOB's each are at 400 GPH, but as was mentioned by a member of another forum the water going through a canister passes through more "stuff" and should more than suffice for the loss in GPH.

Appreciate all the input!

I like the passing through more stuff idea=more beneficial bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom