Filter help..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr_Andy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got this ~30 gallon hex tank for free but it needs a filter. It's going to be primarily goldfish and kid (cheap and flushable) stuff so the filter doesn't need to be elaborate, just needs to fit. Please guide me to something cheap and that will fit. Everything I've seen on ebay hgs off the back of the tank? I guess it hangs over the edge by the same bracket that pumps the water back in? This is new to me. If more dimensions are needed, fire away

img_2999126_0_5b38a893c42a4a5468892e361cbc44fb.jpg

What's your price range?

Goldfish lovers will want to crucify you for such blasphemy.?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Blasphemy T_T

Nonetheless you (arguably) can have two fancy goldfish in there. I wouldnt recommend it because that would be like max stock... Why don't you just get something else? 30 gallons are terrific for tropicals!

Trying so hard not to crucify you right now. :p

If you go for the goldfish I would put an emperor 400 or aquaclear 70 on there.

Dont forget to cycle it.

If you go for tropicals you an get all sorts of nice things..

I wouldn't do goldfish.. they are messy and filthy creatures. They are more for ponds than aquariums. Trust me, I'm learning this the hard way now. I would go for guppys or tetras! They are beautiful and cheap! As far as filters go, I second the Aquaclear 70! Just ordered two for my 55 gallon! =]

Mollys are beautiful too! I'm kinda obsessed with the whole concept of the livebearers right now! I think watching them birth live young would be awesome to watch!

Just saw that your tank is a hex... Yeah no goldies. They need the most surface area possible... You could get Platies.. They are nice.

Hilaries ,mollies,tetras or basically small fish would be better.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Neon tetras looks awesome in a group :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom