Filter???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok thanks I am just trying to do all my research and ask my question before i spend the money. Just want to make sure i know what I am getting. I'm sure i am getting pretty annoying. But i don't like spending money on something i'm going to have problems with. Like i have said i don't mind spending money, thats not the problem, i just want to make sure its worth it.

Totally know what you mean, I was in the same place when I was looking too.

I'm sure its like everything else you buy. Some are great but there are always a couple few defects.

I decided to go with the Fluval 306. I just thought if i ever did upgrade to a larger tank i would probably run 2 filters anyways so. Can't wait to get it up and running !!!!

Yea! Great choice, I'm sure you'll be very pleased! Let us know what you think once you get it set up!

Got my 306 up and running tonight. I was going to wait and do it tomorrow but when i got home from having dinner one of my angels was on the bottom of the tank not looking very good. I am not sure what is wrong. When we left he was swimming fine. I don't think he is going to make it. My other angels seems to be doing fine.

As for the filter I got it up and running so now just wait and see results. Can't wait!!!!

I set mine up last night. What are your thoughts on it so far? This thing flows so much water. Much more than my penn-plax 1000. So far so good.

I just got mine set up tonight. I did notice the water output was a lot. I used the control level and turned it down a little. Hope that works. Hoping in the morning I can see a result.

My tank has definitely cleared up. I'm going to run it for a month or so and then clean my penn-plax and let the fluval go on its own. I have high hopes for this filter and so far so good.

I am going to do the same with my marineland penguin 200b. Just really hope this filter is as good as i hear it is.

Had the 306 running for a couple days now. And it seems to be doing a great job. I am just trying to adjust the water flow so its not producing to much current.

Had the 306 running for a couple days now. And it seems to be doing a great job. I am just trying to adjust the water flow so its not producing to much current.

Just make sure you don't adjust the current too much or you'll make the motor work harder than its supposed too, sounds like DIY spray bar time haha

Really glad to hear its doing well for you

I tested my water today and everything is perfect. Except my PH is a little high. What is the best way to bring that down ??

I tested my water today and everything is perfect. Except my PH is a little high. What is the best way to bring that down ??

What is it at? And what would you/your fish like it to be? A stable ph is generally better than a fluctuating correct ph

Well i guess I don't know what is a suitable PH level. But mine is at around 8.4. Does hard water effect the PH ?

Ok. That is right around where it was when i tested it before I did a water change.

Back
Top Bottom