Filter???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zimmanski said:
You can get it cheaper on amazon, and who knows what they've had in their tanks or what they did to the filter. Fluval 406 on amazon for like $125 shipped for free. Oh and by the way, my DIY spray bar works like a charm! Absolutely recommend you getting the 406 now

I agree. Might as well get new. It comes with media.

Zimmanski, that looks great. So does your tank!

Here is a picture of the filter and the tank it is coming from. The guy is just selling everything.
image-318425218.jpg

image-3516065734.jpg

I agree. Might as well get new. It comes with media.

Zimmanski, that looks great. So does your tank!

Thanks! I'm excited that something I DIYed worked as planned! That makes 2 successful DIYs for me, this and my stand! And thats the good side of the tank haha, im working on plants and placements on the other side. Media for the 406 is cheap anyway, you wouldn't spend 30 on media in months.

Edit: the pics of the for sale filter looks good, I'm just not one for buying used stuff like that and since new is cheaper online. By all means get it if ya want it though!

Would you get the whole setup for that price?

Not the spray bar, I spent $26 for everything but I bought extras of everything but the tube. When I got my 406 in December it was $125 and free standard shipping, I'm impatient with everything so I spent more for 2day shipping for everything, but obviously you don't have to do that haha

It would just be for the filter and stuff the comes with it plus a couple extra boxes of media. And i agree if I can find it new one for around that price then I would much rather buy a new one.

Lol, sorry. ;-) I was asking Velksfish if the price was for the used filter and the tank also. If so, that would be worth it.

Oh if it was for all of it i would be all over it. Lol. So you guys think its not a good idea to buy a used filter ?

Vel, personally I wouldn't just because of the unknown, but really there's nothing wrong with buying used if you clean it real well and make sure it runs properly before you fork over the cash

I am on amazon right now and can get the 406 canister filter and everything I need for the spray bar for $182. Is this a good deal? I really need to know if the 406 will work in my tank or if i should get the 306. Want to know for sure before i spend that much money. I could get the 306 canister for $115. And wouldn't need the spray bar.

I think the 406 is the way to go if you can scrounge up the extra bucks, if not the 306 is still a great choice for your tank but limits you if you decide to upgrade. Both great filters so it really comes down to what you want and what you want for your tank, haha no one is going to be upset if you get the 306

All the reviews i am reading are about 50/50 good and bad. Has any body had a 306 or 406 for a while without any problems?

I've only had mine going a couple of months. So far so good. Have you looked at the 405? That might be a cheaper option. There are many good canister filters out there. Seems like people choose a brand and stick with it. I think the 406 is nice because the trays are so customizable and quiet. But it's also my first canister. ;-)

I have Ran a cascade 1000 from penn-plax for seven years or so now and haven't had a single issue. It's getting harder to find media and parts for them so I am upgrading to a fluval. It was between that and an eheim and the eheim filters were a bit out of my range budget wise. Hopefully we made a good decision on the fluval line.

I am okay with spending the money just so I know its worth it. I have been reading and one thing that concerns me is when i read that if the power goes out the Fluval tend to leak. Is this true with most canisters? If so i can't have that. In Nebraska with our weather you never know when the power will go out.

I was looking at the Aqua Clear power filter 110 gallon. Anybody know much about these. Seems kind of like a canister style filter that hangs on the tank.

I am okay with spending the money just so I know its worth it. I have been reading and one thing that concerns me is when i read that if the power goes out the Fluval tend to leak. Is this true with most canisters? If so i can't have that. In Nebraska with our weather you never know when the power will go out.

I was looking at the Aqua Clear power filter 110 gallon. Anybody know much about these. Seems kind of like a canister style filter that hangs on the tank.

I don't know why a power outage would make them leak, the lid is clamped on and I unplug and plug mine in all the time with no issues. They have a stopper in the intake tube that stops water from entering/leaving if the motor stops sucking water.

Ok thanks I am just trying to do all my research and ask my question before i spend the money. Just want to make sure i know what I am getting. I'm sure i am getting pretty annoying. But i don't like spending money on something i'm going to have problems with. Like i have said i don't mind spending money, thats not the problem, i just want to make sure its worth it.

Velksfish said:
Ok thanks I am just trying to do all my research and ask my question before i spend the money. Just want to make sure i know what I am getting. I'm sure i am getting pretty annoying. But i don't like spending money on something i'm going to have problems with. Like i have said i don't mind spending money, thats not the problem, i just want to make sure its worth it.

I don't blame you a bit. It stinks to have buyers remorse. :-/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom