Filter???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pH Question

Ok. That is right around where it was when i tested it before I did a water change.

Hello V...

Some driftwood would help lower the pH in the tank naturally. The tannic acid in some of the commercial pieces will lower the pH a bit. But, the vast majority of aquarium fish will adapt to the vast majority of public water supplies, so don't fret over acidic or basic water. Large, frequent water changes will guarantee safe water properties.

A steady pH between 6 and 8.5 is fine unless you plan to keep and breed rare fish species.

B

Hello V...

Some driftwood would help lower the pH in the tank naturally. The tannic acid in some of the commercial pieces will lower the pH a bit. But, the vast majority of aquarium fish will adapt to the vast majority of public water supplies, so don't fret over acidic or basic water. Large, frequent water changes will guarantee safe water properties.

A steady pH between 6 and 8.5 is fine unless you plan to keep and breed rare fish species.

B

Ok good to know. I am going to be getting a small piece of driftwood soon. And i do a 25-30% every sunday. I don't plan on breeding or keeping any rare species. I just wanted to make sure my fish will be ok. Our town water is pretty hard.

Thanks Josh, but already got the 306 and its up and running great and my tank looks great.

How long should I let my penguin 200 run before removing it. Or should I keep it in there ?

When you remove your hob, you could cut the filter pads and stick em in the 306. Congrats! Tank looks good!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom