Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's a LFS here that buys used equipment, refurbishes, then resells. They won't buy or sell Marineland C series because of their reputation.

There's a LFS here that buys used equipment, refurbishes, then resells. They won't buy or sell Marineland C series because of their reputation.

Wow. That says a lot eh? I have 2 Marineland HOB's that leak as well. With the heater fiasco I guess we know what to stay away from....

iam not trying to be rude but maybe everyone with marine land products don't install them right I have a c 530 and no issues at all I would recommend it to all my friends

iam not trying to be rude but maybe everyone with marine land products don't install them right I have a c 530 and no issues at all I would recommend it to all my friends

I'm not trying to be rude either, but that would suggest that there are a lot of idiots here.

Mine worked fine before they ALL started leaking. Can you expand on 'don't install them right'?

after doing a lot of research on the c 530 I learned that there is a front and back of the canister and if not lined up properly it well leak

iam not calling everyone idiots by any means I.just think more research should be done on products.

I can't see a huge company like marine land putting out bad products for years straight

sorry if i offened any one

Yes there are arrows that point to the proper alignment of the media baskets. If you go to Amazon and look at the reviews you will see the leaking has been a major issue with these filters for some time. Support was aware of it when I called. But mine are so old they aren't willing to do anything about it.

I also contacted marineland customer support. I was told it was a bad valve block assembly but was too old for them to deal with the issue. I was not impressed with their customer service so I switched to fluval and eheim. Learning that they are superior products anyways.

Back
Top Bottom