Filtration options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid.greenhorn

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got my fish their Xmas present, its a canister filter. This is my first canister, and was wondering if I should run my hob filter & the canister? Or just the canister? I know theres no such thing as too much filtration but, to run both I will have to cut my hood. It's a 55 gallon cichlid tank, with seven fish. The canister is rated for 70 gallon. Any thoughts?

Good point! Thinking back, that would have saved me trouble in the past. Plus an easily availible cartridge would be easier to obtain media than a basket in a canister. Thanks

I have a 55 gallon tank and it has 2 HOB Aqueon 55 Filters and 1 Fluval G3. I guess my answer is yes you can use both filters togther in the same tank. I have the flow on my Fluval G3 canister filter set to about 75% max flow so it is not like a roaring river in my tank. I have turned the 2 Aqueon 55 filters into a HOB wet dry type filter and removed the carbon. All the filters work great together.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom