Finally happy with my aquascape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TXaggie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just had to post an update pic on my 29 gallon. I tore down and redid my tank scape about a year ago and I finally feel happy with how the growth looks. Ever since I added cherry shrimp my Java moss is pristinely clean. I took a chance on bacopa and I really like the contrast of the leaf type.

Anyway, sans further ado....

Attachments

• image-267658426.jpg
    image-267658426.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 641
  • image-1192861626.jpg
    image-1192861626.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 633
  • image-3651898928.jpg
    image-3651898928.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 592
Love this tank. Its beautiful. I'm hoping to attempt using moss and various other live plants soon. Right now I just have the artificial plants but I love the look of live plants.

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Just an update, trying to tame my Java moss a little. My crypt spiralis is really taking off lately, and my stems are all growing pretty nicely now. Added some more Threadfins, and some peacock gudgeons.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405251925.052378.jpg

Also trimmed and replanted a bunch of the stargrass to try to get it looking a little nicer. I had some extra space from where I relocated some crypts to a different tank.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405251987.210450.jpg

Also, my peacock gudgeons say hello!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405252011.469531.jpg

how do you keep the java moss from floating around the tank? I tied mine down but I constantly scoop out little drifting pieces. Same with my hornwort.

Thanks all! Things are growing much better now that I'm stepping up my fert routine too. It's so relaxing to hang out in my living room and look at a tank that makes me happy....

how do you keep the java moss from floating around the tank? I tied mine down but I constantly scoop out little drifting pieces. Same with my hornwort.

Time, mostly. I tied it down with string at various points early on, but it took something like a year to get the main moss anchored. It becomes unanchored if it gets too thick, so I whack it back to just above the driftwood Every once and a while. Also, it still sheds bits of moss constantly. Every hard scape piece in the tank is steadily getting covered, which I don't mind too much. I also have to clean it off of my prefilter on a regular basis. Beauty is pain...

Really like your tank!! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Peacock Gudgeons are my weakness, my spirit animal, my everything. I love your setup so much, those are some pretty darn happy Peacocks, heck everything in that tank looks happy! Very nice setup! ....read my profile I made on them in the fish profile section...:D;)

Just another post trim update. I've acquired some Endlers hybrids so I'll see what kind of cool fry I end up with out of them. My Threadfin rainbows keep acting like they're spawning, but I'm suspicious that my cherry shrimp are eating any eggs they actually produce.

Plants are rocking and rolling, I have to trim the stems every 3-4 weeks. I've switcher over to seachem root tabs and I've much less of a problem with holes in my crypt leaves.

Fun fact: my African algae eating gobies love to launch themselves into the filter and scare the day lights out of me on a regular basis.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423370902.646538.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423370917.105621.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423370932.363122.jpg

Wow, nice scape! I've heard from a lot of places that java moss can get out of hand quick. That's why when I rescale my 29 gallon I'm going to use Christmas moss. I love it an the whole thing looks alive! That rock looks like it might alter the pH but I love it anyway. I hope my 29 gallon looks like this after I rescape it. Good work!

Aquariums make for a betta world. Wanna discus it?

Back
Top Bottom