Finally, my 20 Gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dangnabbit...I was wrong. The pistol has burrowed on the far left of the tank, deep inside clown country, while the goby is on the far right.

So back to my original question: will they fine each other, and is there anything I can do to help them (trap the shrimp and move it?)

Love it the goby and shrimp are cool might invest

It's definitely worth while. They are a blast in the tank, and every day they've made new burrows somewhere..my kids like to have a scavenger hunt and see who can spot them first :)

The clowns were a little aggressive at first, but I think the pistol shrimp put them in their place ;)

It's definitely worth while. They are a blast in the tank, and every day they've made new burrows somewhere..my kids like to have a scavenger hunt and see who can spot them first :)

The clowns were a little aggressive at first, but I think the pistol shrimp put them in their place ;)

I just got the pair, they are quite entertaining.

They are a lot of fun to watch. Here's another short video of them:
Pistol shrimp and goby excavating - YouTube

The biggest issue I have is feeding them. My clowns are two pigs, and eat anything before it hits the floor of the tank. I've tried feeding the clowns on the opposite side, but they're quick buggers. I might get a Julian's Thing so that I can deposit the mysis shrimp right in the mouth of the burrow for them and give them a fighting chance.

They are a lot of fun to watch. Here's another short video of them:
Pistol shrimp and goby excavating - YouTube

The biggest issue I have is feeding them. My clowns are two pigs, and eat anything before it hits the floor of the tank. I've tried feeding the clowns on the opposite side, but they're quick buggers. I might get a Julian's Thing so that I can deposit the mysis shrimp right in the mouth of the burrow for them and give them a fighting chance.

My little duo keep making new burrows. Lots of hiding places.

I am going to try putting the top of a soda bottle over th top of their den and putting their din din in there, hopefully they will hang around and get their dinner

Just ordered my LEDs from BuildMyLED.com...they are running 10% off and free shipping today...SCORE!! Corals will be my Christmas gift to me!!!

Cool! Let me know how the LED's work for you. We were tossing around the idea of switching from T5's... Corals sound like a good Christmas gift to yourself! :)

When I was at my LFS this morning waiting in line, the guy in front of me was switching from T5s to LEDs and loved the change on one of his tanks.

So it's been awhile, but after a 1 month delay caused by life, and another 1 month delay in getting my LED shipped due to supplier shortages, here's a new FTS with the new fixture (the 14000K fixture from BuildMyLED.com), along with the current inhabitants.

63298-albums13650-picture64781.jpg

63298-albums13650-picture64782.jpg

63298-albums13650-picture64783.jpg

63298-albums13650-picture64784.jpg

63298-albums13650-picture64785.jpg

63298-albums13650-picture64786.jpg

63298-albums13650-picture64787.jpg

63298-albums13650-picture64788.jpg

63298-albums13650-picture64789.jpg

Thanks. It's going slower than I'd like, but I know that it's better to go slow than too fast in this hobby. My wife is hellbent on loading up on all sorts of corals, but I'm taking it easy so that I can acclimate them all properly, etc. At least she likes the tank and wants me to keep it up (to the point of wanting a 100+ gallon setup, along with converting our 56 gallon FW to a seahorse tank).

Added a frogspawn and a torch this evening. I'll post pix once they open fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom