Finally: Uprading to 120g Reef - Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well maybe not when i was doing the rock work with fish in the tank. i dont know how i didnt stress someone out besides sweety pie.

I know what ya mean :)
So far we added corals, fish, CUC and more macro this week... I think that's alot!

It's Sunday, the tank deserves a rest hahaha

So creepy o_O ...

Attachments

• image-1346224280.jpg
    image-1346224280.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 90
im telling you they are! i was at the lfs when they fed the tank with some garlic infused stuff and those things went crazy trying to get some.

So lights just went on and I discovered this
What in the world are they?!?!

Attachments

• image-3072898898.jpg
    image-3072898898.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 76
  • image-4148014247.jpg
    image-4148014247.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 75
I'm bored (and procrastinating from writing papers) so I'm posting a pick of Urcel hanging out at the fish-wash

Attachments

• image-1064275871.jpg
    image-1064275871.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 86
coffeetwitch said:
Hey unicorn, how's everything going?

Really frustrating :(
The algae is still there. It's not getting worse, but it's there. A green film is building up on TE front window twice a day.
Phos is testing zero and so is nitrate. Don't get it :(
My sump is nice and clean but the DT is a mess. Lights are on max of 9hrs...
Can't afford a new skimmer right now, so I will use my HOB from my 30g. It will hardly be enough, but I guess it's better than nothing. May also buy a phos reactor if I get a cheap one today... And figure out how they work

Really frustrating

coffeetwitch said:
Dose a phosphate reactor put phosphates in or take them out?

Takes it out. You can put ur carbon and rowaphos in there to make it work better. At least that's what I figured out so far. Will post more info when I get it all figured out... I guess... So so very frustrating

Didn't you say your phosphates tested as zero?

Maybe you just need more time for your tank to break in?

Sorry that your frustrated.

coffeetwitch said:
Didn't you say your phosphates tested as zero?

Maybe you just need more time for your tank to break in?

Sorry that your frustrated.

Yes, it's zero... That's what I don't understand :(
The phos reactor helps with the use of my carbon and RowaPhos... Trying my best to get my water cleaner... Maybe I'm just desperate

You could be getting a false reading on the phosphates. If you have an algae problem, it consumes the phosphates before you are able to get a good reading. At least, that is what I have seen posted on other threads.

rdnelson99 said:
You could be getting a false reading on the phosphates. If you have an algae problem, it consumes the phosphates before you are able to get a good reading. At least, that is what I have seen posted on other threads.

Yeah, heard that too... I'll give it a try. They are like 40-50 bucks. Cheaper than a new skimmer

Unicorn said:
Yeah, heard that too... I'll give it a try. They are like 40-50 bucks. Cheaper than a new skimmer

Your tank just got cycled, right?

Back
Top Bottom