Finally: Uprading to 120g Reef - Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my shipment of CUC, starfish and crabs today. They actually looked pretty bad. One emerald only had one leg left. Most snails didn't come out even after several hrs. I'm gonna wait until tomorrow and see how they r doing. Just my luck...

sorry to hear that unicorn, my snails took a day or two to come out. shame about your crabs.... ha sorry, as long as they molt they can grow back. so ive heard.

coffeetwitch said:
sorry to hear that unicorn, my snails took a day or two to come out. shame about your crabs.... ha sorry, as long as they molt they can grow back. so ive heard.

Yeah, don't think it was reefcleaners fault with the crab. It happens when they are stressed. Just felt bad for that little guy :(
I'm at work tonight but may give John the heads up hope they are pulling through. Would feel bad if most of then died... I'm always very sensitive when something dies ...

So u think it'll take 1-2 days for the small snails? Right now it seams like only 10 out of 50 made it :(
Really feel bad for that crab, broke my heart. But he is alive and may survive it.
Got 2 chitons and they seam to do ok, the limpets didn't move at all... Starfish is great.... Just the snails, limpets and hermits are doing crappy...

yes just give them until monday. after then, you will know who made it and who didnt. i thought i had a lot of doa's at first too.

coffeetwitch said:
yes just give them until monday. after then, you will know who made it and who didnt. i thought i had a lot of doa's at first too.

Ok... Keeping my fingers crossed

BTW, lance named the one legged emerald crab Skippy lol

yep, or lucky. but skippy is a great name! i hope that little guy pulls through. i like the way the emerald crabs look and eat. shame i never see ours.

coffeetwitch said:
yep, or lucky. but skippy is a great name! i hope that little guy pulls through. i like the way the emerald crabs look and eat. shame i never see ours.

They do hide well, prolly because try r so slow and easy food for other critters

Well, i think Skippy fits very well hahaha

I used to work with a guy who had one leg. We called him Hoppy. :) He came in one day looking beat and when I commented he said "I have been stomping out fires all day." I said "Isn't that dangeraous with a wooden leg?" His reply, "No it is plastic. It just gets soft and I fall over". Got to love people with a good sense of humor. (y)

rdnelson99 said:
I used to work with a guy who had one leg. We called him Hoppy. :) He came in one day looking beat and when I commented he said "I have been stomping out fires all day." I said "Isn't that dangeraous with a wooden leg?" His reply, "No it is plastic. It just gets soft and I fall over". Got to love people with a good sense of humor. (y)

Hahaha, thx for sharing that story!

BTW if somebody wants an update on how I'm liking my light fixture so far: I'm LOVING it! The light intensity actually went down now that I don't have just bare rocks and sand anymore. I'm glad I went with 8 bulbs instead of 6! Haven't had any issues with the bulbs anymore like in the beginning and the heat output is ok too.
The corals are doing great, my acropora is being a bit of a pain (just moved it lower due to bleaching) but I expected issues with it due to being an sps and I wanted to see how I'm able to deal with them yet...

As for the snails and crabs: havent seen skippy yet, and only a few more snails got up... Not very happy yet but I'm giving it time as suggested to me :)

Back
Top Bottom