First 150 gallon build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So some kinda sad news from the tank today. I caught my female that was holding and she must of eaten them or something because she wasn't holding anything. Oh well.
Then I have some questions about uv sterilizers. Anyone have any info on them for me?

It was her first batch so I'm not really surprised. I was just looking forward to new fry. Oh well I'm sure there will be more to come shortly.

no idea about the UVs aswell, and im very sorry about the female holding. i knew it was a big risk as she was trying to eat :(
oh well, better luck next time - at least it happened so u know shes interested! xx

Very true. And I should be introducing more females plus I'm going to order lots of cichlid stones. I think they are
Gonna love them.

Bully405Customz said:
Very true. And I should be introducing more females plus I'm going to order lots of cichlid stones. I think they are
Gonna love them.

I bought the bulk 10 pack and a 3 pack. Mine seem to like them alot, but the don't hide in them much surprisingly. Shortly after I added them I had a fish holding.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111031_082619.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111031_082619.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 88
Yeah she's been eating for the last couple days. If you don't mind me asking how much are the bulk packs? I want to just hide them throughout my holey rock mountain I plan on building. :)

joel618 said:
I bought the bulk 10 pack and a 3 pack. Mine seem to like them alot, but the don't hide in them much surprisingly. Shortly after I added them I had a fish holding.

Tank looks very nice btw. :)

Thank you. I got the 10 pack on amazon for $60 shipped. I plan on adding holy rock in the mix as well. Just too broke atm. The only ds around me that sells it wants $3.50 a pound. I fell in love with a 50lb rock but he wanted over $150 for it. :(

I meant to post that comment about the peacock on a different thread. Whoops. But I'm excited to get some of these stones. I'm sure my fish will love them.

So I was in one of my smaller tanks earlier and one of my pieces of driftwood had a whiteish clear slimey algae all over the bottom of it. What could it be?

Bully405Customz said:
So I was in one of my smaller tanks earlier and one of my pieces of driftwood had a whiteish clear slimey algae all over the bottom of it. What could it be?

How long have you had that dw in water?

Like 4 Months. It's been in 2 of my tanks though and I've never seen any algae like it before. I should have taken a picture.

Back
Top Bottom