First Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gsxrownr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got my first yellow-tailed Acei Cichlid, white-tailed Acei Cichlid and a Black Convict Cichlid and I just wanted to know how well they would do with each other and other tank mates. I have a 20 gallon tank right now with 9 tiger barbs, 1 clown loach, 1 Kuhli Loach, 3 red wag plattys, 1 velvet swordtail platty and a peacock eel. Right now they all seem to be getting a long but I was jus looking into the future for when they become bigger. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Sounds like a pretty good setup, but kuhli loaches do best in groups of 4+ and clown loaches get 12" which is too big for your tank.

Ya which of course when all of them grow quit a bit bigger I will upgrade to a bigger setup, which I can't wait for : )

i've been asking around about kuhli loaches, and this person told me that kuhli loaches shouldn't be kept with cihlids, as they are often aggressive towards them, or they try to eat them or something!? :D

Back
Top Bottom