first cycling going well :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes it's my first, didn't have a clue about keeping fish until i found this site, i've learnt a lot! I have a 60 litre biorb but hope to upgrade to a bigger tank. I plan on getting a few guppies to start with they're beautiful fish :)

yes! my advice is to put LOTS of plantage at the bottom, real or fake. fake are easier to keep btw :p
this is so the fry can survive til they get big enough to live above the plants, meaning free guppies and potentially new colours!
im raising 51 fry atm, some to be cichlid food some to get to full size and a present for my bro's tank.
what do u want in a bigger tank? xx

Wow 51! There's loads i want i quite like angels and i think they're called knife fish, can't remember now! but my real goal is to eventually go for marine fish i love the idea of having a few clowns and tangs and puffers are pretty cool too but i think i'll get a few years of experience with a tropical tank before i attempt that one! Do you have any other fish?

8 mbuna with 1 buffalo cichlid in 40gal,
14 red zebra fry about 3/4 inch long
51 guppies about 2 days old
20 auratus fry spat this morining :)
im getting a 55 in future to house an oscar. hoping to get one soon then when it gets a bit bigger il aqcuire the 55, i just want to rearrange my room a bit :p
tangs will need huuuge space, look them up before considering. knife fish are very different and if u get them, u have to share ur opinion, they are kinda odd! my dad has clowns, dont do much. his yellow watchman goby is much more epic!!
do u want SW or tropical more? sounds like ur well into our little fish obsession.... heheeeheeee. x

Will definately look up the space tangs require thanks :) i plan on getting a huge tank when i can afford it. Yeah thats why i like the knife fish they're kinda odd! I think i want saltwater more because the fish are so beautiful but i need to do a lot more research because it's just not fair to the fish if i don't know what i'm doing. I am truly hooked now, this is my new hobby i didn't realise there was so much to it and that it could be so fascinating x

Back
Top Bottom