First Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that is very close, the one we saw had no orange on the face though. I think I found who bought it though, there is a thrift store next door with a 55 gallon and they have one, with no orange in it at all. I asked where she got it and she said "the new pet store" which would be...where we saw it. I am going to go over in a few days and ask if I can take a few pics of it. I will post when I get them. The owner said when he went back to the warehouse this week to collect fish they didn't have any more of the all black clowns. We ended up going with the black sebea with the slightly orange face and yellow tail. he seems happy in there.

Hey Jenn!! I was reading about all this black clown stuff. Very interesting. I have also seen what you are talking about in a LFS here. I couldn't believe how gorgeous that fish was. It look like a perc but was ALL black and white. Very pretty. I will see if I can find out what it's called from her. I know what you are talking about and some of the pics are close but it didn't have one bit of orange on it. Again that could be the right one and some of them have orange on them and some don't. Gentics maybe.

And as far as someone asking about clowns. I LOVE Percula clowns! True Percs that is. They have more defined black lines than false percs. I also agree about the comments with the Coral Beauty. That was one of my first fish and he was somewhat agressive. I didn't realize at that time I should have added him towards the end. But he did well, never killed anyone I knew of. I have a clown put him in his place fast. Mine was also very very shy. Bolted behind the rocks with any movement in the room.

Gina

Back
Top Bottom