Fish advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was at the LFS today with one of my friends and we were looking at the coral selection they had and the guy we were talking to told use his zoas are like his test kits that if there closed up then something's wrong.... He had hammers heelio acro goniopora and a few other corals in his tank he said he uses them mainly for testing calcium.. I dunno if it's just me or not but zoas wouldn't need as much calcium as say and acro or hammer would they? Also one of his display tanks was covered in red bubble algae but because he had capurlia or however you spell it in there that it was fine :/ what do use think also his tanks had thousands of aptasia I'm not even exagerating

He sounds like a guy I know who does things his way and thinks everything he does is right.

Haha it's crazy he was selling Sky blue zoas on gumtree we got there and tried finding them so I asked him where they were and they had turned grey and he was like if I put the blues on they look more blue :/ he has heavily edited his pics before they go on the net

Man people like that bug me. If you have nice looking corals, there is no need to boost them/photoshop them to sell them.

We were very disappointed considering it took us an hour to get there. My friend bought a small toadstool off him and it was brown he got it home and put it under his lights within 10 mins it was coloured up perfect he was running a standard Fluro shop light and told me his acros are perfect

Yea all the shops iv been to except one have either had brown acros or white :/ I'm sticking to my small store I actually found a new one today but some things there I don't agree with.
They have set up the tanks to look nice and posh but there holding tanks are only about a ft wide and they had foxface and tangs in it. There corals were very high end tho

Well then just get some nice corals from them :). I have one store local that has nice corals and fish. All the others are hit or miss

It's funny the store that we know quarenteens there fish had all there tanks looking bad dead fish in most and they all had ich

Back
Top Bottom