Fish droping left and right

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MitcherNeaf

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok i got fish in my 55 gallon tank thats been up for atleast 6 months. Now all of a suddent half my fish and slowly been dying. I've been doing more water changes, and been checking levels but today my 2nd bala died. When i found him i scooped him out and noticed that he had turned completely white, i coudl tell something was wrong with his skin. He had glossy patches and just did not look healthy. What could possibly be in my tank, and is there something i should try to put in to kill bacteria. I may ahve to recycle my tank but thats better than losing all my fish.
Thanks
Mitch

Determining what's going on is at the heart of matter. If you post the exact results and the method of testing (liquid re-agents vs test strips), it would help. You can also include what your original livestock was and whether anything at all has changed in the past six months.

I used the drop testers, not the strips. I had 3 small bala sharks that i started the tank with cause my wife was douped into buying one and i read up on them and realized that the little tank they sold him to her in was not big enough and bought him 2 friends. Then i got 3 clown loaches, as well as a 12 inch pleco that came with the tank i bought from someone who was moving. Then i bought an albino shark as well as 4 cherry barbs. Everything was going fine and one of the bala sharks died on me, he had always seemed alittle sickley and not well liked by the other 2. I left the tank for that for quite awhile, and noticed that some of the fish were starting to float close to the top, mostly 2 of the cherry barbs. Then the other bala shark (one of the friends) started floating almost completely vertically. I went out and bought another bala shark cause i thought maybe only being 2 was making them stressed out as well as a gourami to maybe tone down the albino shark cause he is fairly agressive. After this 2 days later everything started falling apart. Gourami died first, then 3 cherry barbs, a clown loach, the bala shark that was swimming vertically also died. Then the other clown loach started to act weird. He would swim around and then all of a sudden just look liek he was dead. He woudl start to float on his side and slowly sink and then all of a sudden jump up and swim away. One morning i came downa nd found him belly up on a plant, i went to scoop him up and he swam off again, and the about 3 or 4 days later i foudn him dead. This all happend in 1 to 2 weeks, and i did water changed and tests frequenlty but couldnt find anything.
Sorry for how long it is but thanks for helping
Mitch

i also noticed today that my 1 bala that i origanlly bought is getting really stressed out, he is racing into the sides of the tank sometimes bouncing off of the side. I was looking at him and in the light i notice bright little specks on him, They look like sparkles almost.
Mitch

ok guys, i lost my last cherry barb, i have 5 fish left in my tank, 2 balas, gourami, my albino shark and my pleco. I really dont want to lose these last 5 fish what do i do. What treatments should i use, water changes are not working. Please help me out.
My bala is the only one that seems distressed he is light specks all over his body and swims against the side of the tank all the time. What do i try.
Please help
Mitch

Back
Top Bottom