Fish glossary?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theotheragentm

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw wikipedia has a relatively comprehensive list for freshwater fish. Has anyone created a sortable list? All the data is on Wikipedia already so tossing it into a spreadsheet so you can search fish by temperature, max size, difficulty level would be cool.

Only reason I thought about it was because when I came up with my stocking list I sent with what I already know, but there are probably fish I can substitute out based size if I wanted to try something new.

I have been thinking about this quite a bit recently.

Every time I shop for things online, I can filter things by color, size, style, whatever. I would love a database like that for fish.

Filters-- temperature, pH and hardness, aggressiveness, preferred flow, preferred zones, preferred lighting, preferred substrates, preferred food, minimum tank size, whether they school or shoal or are solitary, whether they are viviparus or lay eggs, how big they get, how long they live, whether they are colorful and which color, activity level, poop creation capabilities-- so many things I want to know right away when I'm looking at fish!

Back
Top Bottom