Fish ID, Dwarf Puffers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deep Seven

Aquarium Advice Addict
These guys were hard to photograph with the cellphone. I took my first pictures from a distance, but the glare off the glass made photos useless.
30098-albums1383-picture9567.jpg

They didn't seem to mind the flash, so I put the camerea right next to the glass, they were very interested to see what it was. The flash has overexposed the fish for the most part.
30098-albums1383-picture9568.jpg

I took about 20 photos in total. It was a challenge to get the puffers far enough away from the camera to get a decent picture, everytime I put the phone against the glass they'd swim up to it.
30098-albums1383-picture9569.jpg

When I backed away from the glass they'd go back to exploring the tank, which unfortunately was quite bare. There was a small piece of driftwood in the middle. They were labelled Dwarf Yellow Puffers.
30098-albums1383-picture9570.jpg

These guys where about half an inch long, when they swam to the back of the tank they appeared quite tiny in the photos. Unfortunately the only people at the store where the owners two teenage daughters, and they couldn't confirm the species or origin.
30098-albums1383-picture9571.jpg

Well, those aren't the greatest pics, but I uploaded the best into the album, and from what I could see, they looked very much like the Indian freshwater Dwarf Puffers I've been looking for. Anyone think they can confirm that from these pictures?

Well some of those pics look like they could be puffers... but hard to tell... maybe if you took some pictures with the flash turned off or with a real camera you would have a better response.

I agree with you I'm 99.9% sure they are puffers, you shouldn't house that many in one tank though, when they mature they get very aggressive IMO. Cool fish though!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom