Fish ID...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeward500

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
got this fish a week ago for free and all I was told was that it was not a damsel and they didnt know what it was. couldnt get picture on here but the are on my weebsite and they are the newest pictures on the "whats new" page Any help would be appreciated, its the big yellow fish with whitish body and now and then i noticed dark striping trying to come through vertically.

thanks,
mike

mikespets

Mike's Pets

well, I thought it looked like a damsel and does have the blue in the tail, I think that is the fish only mine has the whitish body to it, possibly something one it matured, i dont know. lol

thankyou

mike

They probably told you it was "unknown" because they were afraid no one would take it if they said it was a damsel!

"Rare yellow/white notadamselisis sp."

well, Im not to worried about it being a damsel, right now all I have in my tank is a fire clown, jewel puffer, neon blue velvet damsel, 2 sally light foot crabs, a few large snails, star polyps, mushrooms, blue devil damsel, and a cleaner wrasse. So It may be the largest damsel in the tank but also the newest to for now its not too bad.

The tank is 90gallons with lots of rock for all the fish to hid in. The fire clownfish is the smallest fish in the tank but still claimed his own little cave. The only one I have yet to have a problem with was a small brown damsel that attacked everything including the yellow tang that I found cleaned to the bone but he has been removed now so the tank is doing good. The puffer just muches on my small snails/crabs and feather dusters so I dont keep many of them in the tank, only buy the odd small snails to keep his beak from overgrowing.

well, I think it looks alot like the yellow damsel but still being told thats not it and he cant remember the name of it. He has been in saltwater for over 18years, so I will continute my searching i guess

Yours has better coloring. I'm not sure if the colors fade or change throughout it's life cycle.

Back
Top Bottom