Fish in cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heidigirl99

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi there!

Thanks for the advice for those of us who have trouble with fish-in cycling.

Currently I only have freshwater tanks, but I believe only one of them has fully cycled (after 6-9 months for most of the others), and this is after the addition of Bio spira.

I also seek out larger filters and do a lot of water changes- maybe too much, and now I am wondering if I started with too many fish in one instance.

My main question involves one 20 gallon long tank that always seems to have high ammonia even after daily 50-75 percent water changes. I feel like I have forever been running in place with that one and would love to find a way to figure this out. I only have two mollies in there, and they have so much personality. We raised them from fry and they are so sweet and active. I am wondering if, even though I don’t feed them a lot, that they eat algae, etc. in the tank and produce more waste than I realize...

Anyway, do you know of way to keep them together and still cycle the tank? Can I use Bio Spira at this point?

Any suggestions are really appreciated.
-JenIMG_1130.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom