Fish in trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ukdans1k

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I received an order through the post today, the first time I have done this.

One of my arouras is having trouble swimming, she is nose downwards, swimming in circles? I'm now worried it could be whirling disease?
I know they had a long journey and where bagel for 24hrs so could it just be stressed from the journey? Any one have experience of this type of thing?

Please help!!!!

The thing is, I didn't my wife did, but their bags were floated for about an hour before any release was made. When they arrived I was at work. And when I spoke to my wife it arrived in its bag doing this. It's the only fish out of 17 that is doing this. It just keeps barrel rolling, I don't want to distort it It has a chance of recover, however and I'm sorry if this sounds awful, But I didn't pay a lot and so font want it effecting my other fish. As all the new comers are in the same qt tank.

Ok I found some information on the net, and although the situation is different it kinda makes sense.

On the net the fish that barrel rolls, had a suggestion that it hard an impact on its side, thus effecting the swim bladder. Which I'm my situation could have happened conning through the postal system!!!!!!!

Any way the (fingers crossed ) cure was to isolate fish in a breeding trap and using a sponge loosely pin it in an upright position so it can't barrel roll anymore. Then add an air stone . Which is what I have done for now. I have to admit it seems kinda cruel but hope fully it will work. I only hope I haven't made it's last hours alive a torment.

What's you options on this ? It's the only advice that makes sense that I've found

Ok meant options not options! Lol

Ok quick update, now that she can't barrel roll, and there is plenty of air passing through, she seems a lot calmer and happier. So fingers crossed this works and I can save her.

Despite my best efforts to aid this fish to full help ,watching it for hours . It coloured up and even seem to eat a little.

Back
Top Bottom